Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Window Rock High School is a public school located in Fort Defiance, AZ. It has 592 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Window Rock High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B112 Students
- A111 Students
- A-103 Students
- B-99 Students
- B62 Students
- B-47 Students
- C40 Students
- A+35 Students
- B-34 Students
- A27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Window Rock High School Reviews
I had a very mixed experience with the school as a student. I graduated class of 2020 and I felt the school was fun. It had a crowd of people you got to know and awesome teacher personalities, But with that said the school does have it's downsides from it being a C school causing a low budget. Teachers can be hard to understand because of race. The education is not that good, but the school was improving when graduated. They took the Covid-19 pandemic well with good pro cations from online classes and having a drive thru graduation.
All schools are the same but the people from each are different. Some are nice others can be mean I feel like Window Rock High School has those types of people. The staff and students are nice from there but when you look at the students are high school they don't go quite far in life. The school in the past year have been making sure every student is on top of their game and helping them a part of the way towards college. They have so many opportunities from college fests to afterschool sports and clubs. I learn a lot when they bring colleges to the campus or guess speakers who tell us information from their experience. Window Rock High School is one of the best schools there are because with each student they care about their safety and their education. It's why I give it the rate of excellence because that's what they want for us as students.
Window Rock High School is best known for sports than academics. It is a calm environment and everybody is nice, once you get to know the students and teachers. Teachers are nice and helpful, most of the time. The appreciation of Navajo culture and Native American culture is very high for a high school full of Navajo students. There is no downgrade in cultures because everybody is widely accepted in a school full of minorities. Teachers do their best to ensure an increase in test scores and grades. We try to improve ourselves as a school and as a student to make Window Rock High School a better school than it ever was. The teachers and the superintendent all try their best to make Window Rock High School better in education to be equal with the school's sports performance.