Windham High School is a highly rated, public school located in Windham, NH. It has 918 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Windham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-178 Students
- A+92 Students
- B+69 Students
- A+68 Students
- A67 Students
- A61 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-58 Students
- B57 Students
- B-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Windham High School
- B+Londonderry Senior High School
- Londonderry School District, NH
- 341 reviews
- ABedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 491 reviews
- ASouhegan Cooperative High School
- Public School
- Amherst, NH
- 151 reviews
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 257 reviews
Windham High School Reviews
WHS is an amazing school when it comes to educational resources. All students are given MacBook Airs, and each department has high-quality supplies(lab equipment, art supplies, instruments). However, the science department struggles to hire adept teachers in subjects like chemistry and engineering, though physics and bio teachers are great! A double-edged sword here is the academic rigor of classes. Honors and AP classes are extremely rigorous and time-demanding. Students who want to challenge themselves will find it overly difficult to balance with their extracurriculars and personal life; many spend 5+ hours each night doing homework and it is detrimental to them. The administration for the school district is questionable as to what subjects they support. Windham has resources to fund an amazing high school, but the administration is stingy and would rather spend it on athletics(or save it) than supporting the arts, sciences, engineering, and more.
As a senior at Windham High School, I have found my overall experience at the school to be very positive. In my experience, I enjoyed being able to challenge myself with honors and AP classes, which have definitely helped prepare me for the rigorous workload of a college curriculum. I truly believe that a student's high school experience at Windham is what you make of it, as there are a wide variety of interesting classes and extracurriculars to be a part of- it is simply up to the individual student to participate. For students interested in STEM, both the math and science departments are very strong and offer high-level classes for kids that are up for the challenge (i.e. AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C). Some teachers can be hit or miss, especially at the "college prep" class level, but most are almost always willing to help students before/after school. I recommend that students take advantage of the wide array of academic and extracurricular opportunities offered by Windham!
Overall, my experience was poor at Windham High School. I was raised in a different state and moved to Windham in time for high school. Yes, the education is very good and most students feel very ready to go on to college. However, the day to day experience is terrible. Many incredible teachers have been fired for no reason, and others have left only to speak out about how “toxic” the administration is. There is also no school spirit, and is very cliquey. The truth is: it’s a school built for rich, white families who only care about grades and money.