Windham High School is a public school located in Windham, ME. It has 937 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Windham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+123 Students
- C+103 Students
- B57 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-35 Students
- B31 Students
- A+29 Students
- C+29 Students
- A-26 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Windham High School
- B-Gray-New Gloucester High School
- Regional School Unit No. 15 (MSAD 15), ME
- 75 reviews
- C+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook Public Schools, ME
- 51 reviews
- B+South Portland High School
- South Portland Public Schools, ME
- 138 reviews
- C+Bonny Eagle High School
- Regional School Unit No. 06 (MSAD 06), ME
- 220 reviews
Windham High School Reviews
I've been able to take a variety of classes that were educational and enjoyable. Teachers care for their students and provide as much help as possible so their students will succeed and strive for greatness. The student body is kind to one another as our goal is to spread kindness. All sports and other activities are very important to our school and the school tries to provide something for everyone to involve themselves in. However the school is still working on creating healthier and tastier food for the students. Overall my experience at Windham High School has been good, I have managed a B average due to all the help of faculty/staff/students and I enjoy being part of the school!
Throughout my experience at Windham High School, I have been able to see many amazing opportunities within my school. For instance, I recently had the opportunity to go to Germany, Austria, and Switzerland as a school trip. This, just like many other travel opportunities such as going to Belize, France, and Italy are offered as a chance to experience new opportunities. Windham high school is also very supportive of everything that the students do. There are many clubs and activities that students can part take in, which allow students to find what they enjoy without being restricted to any certain thing. Overall, Windham high school has been an amazing high school, and I would not trade it for the world.
I have had a great experience at Windham High School. I have had wonderful teachers that are willing to help me through my high school career, step by step. Despite my learning disabilities, they are able to help me achieve greatness in the classroom and use my knowledge to my advantage. The only thing I would want Windham High School to change is its policy against bullying. I would like them to reinforce the encouragement of positive actions rather than shame the behavior of bullying.