Winchester Thurston School is a top rated, private school located in Pittsburgh, PA. It has 703 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $30,900 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Winchester Thurston School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A25 Students
- A24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Winchester Thurston School Reviews
Choosing WT North Hills Campus has been THE BEST decision I've ever made for my child! The strong sense of community & small class sizes allow for individualized attention & personalized challenges to optimize student growth opportunities. Every teacher recognizes my son’s strengths & weaknesses and strategically adapts lessons or problem-solving approaches to best suit him AND every other student! It is a spectacular magic to observe! Teachers are true masters of the field, attending to the whole child, not just rigorous academics. The North Campus has the best of both worlds with several outdoor learning spaces while also exploring all around Pittsburgh through the City as Our Campus program. Our Director of Equity and Inclusion endeavors to further broaden & celebrate our diverse population through cooperative multiage activities across the student body and thought-provoking conversations & trainings community-wide. We just cannot give enough accolades to WT!
I came to WT as a freshman. The environment is incredibly welcoming and I immediately became friends with my teachers. Everyone at WT is pretty friendly. There is a strong sense of community, and many people that could have difficulties finding friends elsewhere would be happy here. There's lots of clubs and it is easy to start your own club. I think that the student body is very diverse in their interests and talents, however not so much political beliefs. Overall it's been a good experience!
We relocated to WT from a school in Long Island four years ago. WT has been a true REVOLUTION for our child, thanks to the AMAZING teachers, an enlightened approach to academic support for lower school students, a beautiful and deliberate philosophy about good citizenship, and a generally friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Teachers are empowered to be creative and the classroom experience is pretty consistently engaged and engaging. We LOVE the school!