grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Winamac Community High School is a public school located in Winamac, IN. It has 376 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Winamac Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+48 Students
- grade B37 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade B35 Students
- grade C+25 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade B+12 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,573 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 8 responses
Schools like Winamac Community High School
- grade C+Culver Community Middle/High School
- Culver Community Schools Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B minusKnox Community High School
- Knox Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 105 reviews
- grade C minusWest Central Senior High School
- West Central School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade B minusPioneer Junior/Senior High School
- Pioneer Regional School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 54 reviews
Winamac Community High School Reviews
Rating 3.53 out of 5 55 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The music and fine arts programs get very little to no funding, and the sports get an amount of funding that is unnecessary. The music and art rooms are dirty and damaged, the theatre stage is old and worn. The gym floor had been redone recently, and for the first year, students weren't allowed to wear shoes on the floor unless they're athletes. Students say "The school treats the gym floor with more respect than the students. There are dress code requirements for female students that do not apply to the male students. Teachers pick favorites, get students punished for things that aren't against the rules by embellishing the truth and even failing students they don't prefer. The school GSA had been denied funding. Although all other clubs received one, our club was the only to not receive a list of rules for fundraising. For three years he club and its members have been pranked, sabotaged. When complaints were reported to our previous principle, no course of action was taken.
I have been going to Winamac since kindergarten and my experience has fluctuated throughout the 13 years I have been here. Specifically in my experience my High School experience has been positive. The only problem year has been my Senior year (2019-2020) where it becomes evident that students and their parents really run the school rather than the teachers and their organization. Because of this bullying has run rampant as has other unsavory activities but I do believe under new leadership this will change.
I liked the people I met and the friend I got to make because of the foreign exchange student program. I would like to see the relationship between the teachers and students get better. I'd like the teachers to see that the students aren't all smart and they don't come from the same background. They may have trouble doing tasks but can't do them without some help from friends or the teacher.