Wilton High School is an elite, public school located in Wilton, CT. It has 1,336 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Wilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-187 Students
- A+120 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+96 Students
- A+89 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+80 Students
- A+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Wilton High School Reviews
Wilton High School has a great reputation for a reason: its challenging academics, great teachers, warm environment, and safety. The expectations at Wilton High School are high; everyone in Wilton considers attending a 4-year college after college as set in stone, and doing anything else is frowned upon. The school is divided into two academic groups: those who take all honors and APs and strive for As, and those who take the easiest classes possible and hope to have above a 3.0, but if you didn't ask someone about their grades, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Some of the teachers I had at WHS are my best friends. I'm writing this for scholarship entry
Wilton High is a school like no other. In just recent months, I have witnessed several instances of discrimination (swastikas, racial slurs, etc) - most of which administration has done nothing about. The school consists of white, upper middle class Christians. There are obvious cliques, but new students shouldn't have a problem finding one that "fits" so long as they are outspoken. As for the teachers... I think most students have an adult they could go to in school, but I get the sense that forming relationships with students either isn't encouraged, or the teachers just don't know that their job is more than textbooks and test scores. There is a good number of course offerings and academics are highly competitive, but depending on where you're coming from, you'll find that the town is in it's own bubble.
I spent four very fun years here! Wilton High School definitely well-prepared me for college. The teachers always helped me when I needed it, and I made some of my best friends here.