Wilson High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Lawn, PA. It has 1,928 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Wilson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- A153 Students
- A-142 Students
- A-97 Students
- B-91 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+71 Students
- B67 Students
- C+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Wilson High School
- B+Ephrata Senior High School
- Ephrata Area School District, PA
- 191 reviews
- B+Schuylkill Valley High School
- Schuylkill Valley School District, PA
- 166 reviews
- B+Exeter Township Senior High School
- Exeter Township School District, PA
- 225 reviews
- AWyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School
- Wyomissing Area School District, PA
- 74 reviews
Wilson High School Reviews
it was a good timettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt My academic goals are too graduate with my bachelors degree as a double major in entrepreneurship, and personal financial planning with at least a 3.2 GPA all while fully understanding the information taught to me and being able to apply it to the real world. After that I would like to go to graduate school to get my masters in finance so I am able to get my CPA. After that I would like to start my own financial planning company or some other type of finance related company. With the help of this scholarship it would make it a lot easier to attain these goals and will help propel me toward my future because I will need additional funds to take summer/winter classes to be able to graduate as a double major on time!
Academics are great providing plenty of choices as far as AP classes, Honors, and electives overall with a somewhat manageable difficulty level. Diversity truly does range leaving a school with many different cultures. Teachers are great, caring, and cooperative with students. Safety is not an issue and school spirit is great with fun events like mini-thon and home games. Counselors provide lots of resources for the college bound stundent which is great but I wish more can be done to make the experience less stressful as possible. They offer many extracurriculars though I personally would like to see more business related. Sports are a big deal at Wilson and they're great though Wilson has a reputation for coaches with favoritism toward athletes. Cafeteria food is not bad but a little expensive though they do offer plenty of choices for courses and snacks. Very greatful to be apart of such a great environment with great quality education.
The variety of extracurriculars here are great! There's literally a club for anything you can think of! I'm a member of the Wilson High School Theater Company and it's wodnerful being a part of it. Our director isn't always the greatest, but he's the only one we've got. We don't have a great budget, but we work with what we've been given. The only thing I'm not okay with is that almost all of the focus goes into either Minithong (which is amazing don't get me wrong this is good) or sports (mainly football). Literally almost all of the attention is on sports. It's agonizing seeing all of these athletes getting full support from teh school, and then watching students get awards at the art show only to be told that there wasn't enough of a budget to grant them the money they were promised for excelling at art.