Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Wilson High School is an above average, public school located in Tacoma, WA. It has 1,325 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Wilson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+209 Students
- A172 Students
- B-135 Students
- B+131 Students
- C110 Students
- A-108 Students
- B+104 Students
- A-103 Students
- B-91 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Wilson High School Reviews
The school lacks diversity compared to most of the schools in the district from what I've seen and experienced. The counselors don't really contact you about things until you contact them first generally, but seeing them in person is the best way to contact them. The teachers are great though; they are very helpful and understanding!
I like how all of the teachers are very lenient when there is a family emergency or something along those lines. The teachers are willing to help you before school, during lunch, or after school in order for you to succeed. One thing I would like to see change is the relationship between the students and the counselors. There is a lack of communication from the counselors, especially about continuing education. Applying for college was difficult and I feel like they could have stepped up and helped walk students through the application process.
The students here are very motivated to be excellent in their academics. The teachers are very enthusiastic in sharing their knowledge with the students. Wilson is a very safe environment. But I wish there would be more school spirit. The school is so focused in making sure that students succeed in Academics, that they fail to see the horrible mental health of these students. The students here are depressed, because instead of living their lives and experiencing the world, they are in their rooms... crying because of all the work load the teachers have to give. So please Wilson. Please think about the mental health of students too. In other countries, in order to make the students more relaxed, they have this thing called "Sports Day". Where all the different grades (9,10,11,12) compete with each other with their homerooms. Maybe we should do that! It has worked in the other countries that I've been in :)