Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Wilson High School is an above average, public school located in Florence, SC. It has 1,232 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Wilson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A363 Students
- grade B minus292 Students
- grade B+262 Students
- grade A255 Students
- grade B212 Students
- grade B187 Students
- grade C+171 Students
- grade B minus155 Students
- grade B142 Students
- grade A+117 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 105 responses
- Homecoming Football game20%
- Our school has the best football homecoming ever!!15%
- Basketball games.10%
- Spirit Week10%
- Pep rallies10%
- It's like a college homecoming9%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,446 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Wilson High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 198 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The Wilson High School atmosphere is one of methodical and disciplined learning that provides an environment for successful learning. Wilson sections students by grade and difficulty level of subjects to provide a more systematic way of learning. Students that need ample time to grasp the concepts get separated from the students that can comprehend concepts at a faster pace. When subjects such as mathematics, science, and language classes are together, teachers gain access to the ideas of other teachers. As a result, the learning environment of the students becomes more diverse. Due to the diversity and organization, Wilson High School helps students to succeed.
Wilson High School is a very culture-rich and diverse high school with students from all backgrounds. What appealed to me the most is their range of classes available from college prep to AP to IB to even dual-enrollment. There are also many great teachers and administrators at the school that want nothing but the best for the students. In addition to that, Wilson High also possess an array of sports, clubs, and extracurricular activities. We have some of the best athletes on our sports teams that are signed to play at the D1 level regularly each year. The school is known not just throughout the town, but even the county and state for having extraordinary school spirit. Overall, Wilson high is a school that finds the perfect balance between academics, sports, and spirit.
It was okay. Not the best school socially. If you don't fit into the category that everyone else is in your basically a loner. Now academic wise it's pretty average, the one thing I love about the school is the teachers. Most of them are very nice and flexible knowing that some of us teens have actual responsibilities on our shoulders. They really know how to work with students even when we're going through tough times. They always know how to not stress their students out. This is an important quality in teachers that I usually don't see normally and I know plenty of students in other schools around the country. Most teachers nowadays really know how to stress students out and make there live ten times hard then it has to be. That right there is why so many students drop out so quickly because of the teachers, peers, and stress that comes from school. You can even see the graduation rate is the highest it's ever been this year and I think that's all thanks to the teachers of wilson.