Wilson High School is an above average, public school located in Florence, SC. It has 1,224 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Wilson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A310 Students
- B-248 Students
- B+221 Students
- A210 Students
- B184 Students
- B+156 Students
- C+152 Students
- B-139 Students
- B120 Students
- A+96 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Wilson High School
- B-West Florence High School
- Florence 1 Schools, SC
- 379 reviews
- C+South Florence High School
- Florence 1 Schools, SC
- 150 reviews
- CDarlington High School
- Darlington County School District, SC
- 137 reviews
- C-Timmonsville High School
- Florence County School District No. 4, SC
- 39 reviews
Wilson High School Reviews
It took some time but I was able to make friends and truly enjoy my experience as a Tiger. My first homecoming was insane! Wilson has the biggest high school homecoming and alumni association in the south. Homecoming festivities include a parade, ceremonies, a tailgate, and various class parties and gatherings. Wilson offers the best academic programs in the district. We have the International Baccalaureate program, MYP, honors, dual credit, and early college. In the early college program students have the opportunity to earn an associates degree in the arts. It is difficult but they offer resources to help you through it. The clubs and organizations are A1. We have a wide range of students from all different ethnicities and backgrounds. You will see the most unique friend groups at Wilson. All in all it is a great school and once you experience it you wont regret it.
This is high school is very persistent and perseverance. You can not achieve it if you do not try. There is so much help from tutoring to driving to job interviews. Wilson gets their students ready for the real world. On technology, news reports, home skills, savings, language and many more!
Homecoming week is the best time to be at Wilson High School. The school spirit is high from students, faculty, parents, alumni members, and even other schools. Wilson's homecoming is known by a lot and the game, parade, and tailgate is packed out every single year. Inside the school there are daily themes during the week that allow students to have fun and participate to show off all their school spirit. The homecoming pep rally is always the best one. My overall experience at Wilson has been amazing. Wilson is a huge family. The students come together to make memories that will always last forever.