Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Wilson High School is an above average, public school located in Florence, AL. It has 1,268 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Wilson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B115 Students
- C+65 Students
- A65 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-47 Students
- A42 Students
- B29 Students
- A-22 Students
- B22 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- My favorite school events are sports events.40%
- Special Olympics20%
- Mitchelle Hollingsworth Christmas project13%
- Pep rallies13%
- Spirit Week7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Wilson High School Reviews
Wilson High School is a single campus, Pre-K-12 school, where everyone gets to know each other. As someone who has attended Wilson since Pre-K, I can confirm that the faculty and staff genuinely care about their students and want to see them succeed. If there is one thing that I could change about Wilson, it would be to have a Creative Arts class. There are many gifted students that currently have no outlet for their creativity. Overall, my experience at Wilson High School has been a positive one. I will forever be proud to call myself a Wilson Warrior!
I like how Wilson is a very close group and everyone is always there for one another. Wilson High School is not a very big school, so the teachers have fewer students so they can focus on each student a little more. Most of the teacher at Wilson is nice and really want to see you succeed. They all try and do their very best at teaching in many styles that apply to everyone in the classroom. I do, however, wish our school had people talk to us more as seniors about scholarships and applying for college. I would not have wanted to attend any other school throughout high school and elementary.
It was very welcoming, and all the teachers were kind and very helpful. Every teacher wanted the best for their students and they did everything in their power to help them succeed. I’m truly thankful for the experiences I have from this school.