Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Wilson Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Easton, PA. It has 728 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Wilson Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+63 Students
- C+46 Students
- A-44 Students
- A42 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- C+30 Students
- B29 Students
- A-26 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Wilson Area High School
- B+Salisbury Senior High School
- Salisbury Township School District, PA
- 165 reviews
- B+Whitehall High School
- Whitehall-Coplay School District, PA
- 169 reviews
- A-Emmaus High School
- East Penn School District, PA
- 325 reviews
- BNorthampton Area High School
- Northampton Area School District, PA
- 214 reviews
Wilson Area High School Reviews
The school is very small, so that makes it very easy to get to know the staff an other students of the school. The curriculum can be very difficult at times, but typically the teachers are fairly easy and easy-going. There is a lot of favoritism towards the students of Williams Township as their parents donate money toward the school. Sometimes when students struggle, the teachers blame it completely on the students, rather than it being an equal issue between both the teacher and the student. However, a large majority of the staff does care about the student-body and hopes to see the students prosper.
Wilson Area High School really helped me be a better person and taught me how to be better student, be organized, and be patient with everything I do or learn. Wilson really has a great environment. The students and faculty make you feel as if you are family. The teachers are very helpful they helped me a lot through my freshman to senior year of high school. The school never makes you feel like you are out of place or uncomfortable. The principle and the vice principle are really nice and are also very helpful they help you with a lot of things they sometimes check up on you if they see that you are falling behind and they figure out a way or game plan to make sure that you are back on track. The students are also really nice. I think personally that this school really helped me education wise and really encouraged me to get straight A's through all my years of high school.
The best thing about Wilson is the sense of family and community within both the faculty and the student body. Other schools have issues with bullying and shooting threats, but my school is full of such welcoming people that it will be hard to say goodbye. I have made so many friendships over the years and strong bonds with my teachers, so when I have to leave a part of me will always be proudly belonging to Wilson. My academic success is because of my high school, but it is the people who I can thank for my happiness.