Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Wilmington High School is an above average, public school located in Wilmington, MA. It has 829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Wilmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A175 Students
- grade B+150 Students
- grade B+108 Students
- grade A+104 Students
- grade A+90 Students
- grade B minus83 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade C+73 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B minus56 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responses
- Spirit week26%
- Sports events22%
- Mr. and ms. WHS16%
- Pep rally7%
- Spirit Week2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,619 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 39 responses
Schools like Wilmington High School
- grade B+Tewksbury Memorial High School
- Tewksbury Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 149 reviews
- grade B+Melrose High School
- Melrose Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.34 out of 5 164 reviews
- grade A minusDanvers High School
- Danvers Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade B+Wakefield Memorial High School
- Wakefield Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 227 reviews
Wilmington High School Reviews
Rating 3.58 out of 5 208 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Some teachers are great, others are not as much. Very little diversity. This town is very into athletics and attending events, and the performance and visual arts department is also pretty great. Many clubs and after school activities that anyone can find something they enjoy, and if they can't, students are encouraged to make their own activity!
Wilmington High School has provided me with a numerous amount of opportunities. The teachers and staff always helped me whenever I had questions, answers, and when I just needed to talk. They are up to suggestions on how to make the school and community better. They make and effort to reach out to the students and get them more involved and more prepared for our futures. The school shaped my other classmates and I into the adults we are today; ready to take on the future in the best way possible. I highly recommend participating in clubs and sports because of the new bonds that they can form. This experience introduced me to a whole portion of the school that I never had the chance to meet, and the people are met are my closest friends now! Without Wilmington High School to guide me in my years of searching, I fear that I would be lost.
I overall enjoyed my experience at Wilmington High School (WHS). The building is extremely clean, and well organized which I really appreciate. It's always nice to attend a high school that is clean. The teachers are okay, it's really a hit or miss. Some teachers are extremely helpful and caring, while others lack that support, or seem unapproachable. The academic aspect is very good. If you are a student who wants more challenging classes, there are always classes to take. There is a good range of classes for every type of student which is important.