Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Wilmington High School is an above average, public school located in Wilmington, IL. It has 419 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Wilmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+43 Students
- C+36 Students
- A+34 Students
- B29 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+28 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-23 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Wilmington High School
- BHerscher High School
- Herscher Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 100 reviews
- BPeotone High School
- Peotone Community Unit School District No. 207-U, IL
- 159 reviews
- BReed-Custer High School
- Reed-Custer Community Unit School District 255U, IL
- 80 reviews
- B+Morris Community High School
- Public School
- Morris, IL
- 119 reviews
Wilmington High School Reviews
I love going to school! I am on student council so when I want to make a change, i am able to state my opinion. I made the change of adding a microwave to the cafeteria. Student council really tries to make school fun and enjoyable.
I love how the teachers strive to see the students excel. My school always try their hardest to fit the students needs, with the students schedules. If the student is not ok with their school schedule the guidance counselors will spend their time to make the students happy. The school is always a welcoming environment for everyone. The way our school is set up is that we have a blocked schedule so this allows us to fit in 8 classes instead of the normal 4 class schedule this allows the students to learn more.
There are many things to like about Wilmington High School. The staff members are very friendly and are always willing to lend a helping hand. The students are taught not only skills but life lessons. Some downfalls about Wilmington High School would be that we are not a diverse school, we are made up of mainly white children. In the future I would enjoy to see more diversity.