Willowbrook High School is a highly rated, public school located in Villa Park, IL. It has 1,888 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Willowbrook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-192 Students
- A+172 Students
- B+163 Students
- A-142 Students
- A-140 Students
- B+130 Students
- B128 Students
- B-119 Students
- A+93 Students
- A+80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Willowbrook High School
- A-Addison Trail High School
- DuPage High School District No. 88, IL
- 327 reviews
- AEast Leyden High School
- Leyden Community High School District No. 212, IL
- 329 reviews
- A+Hoffman Estates High School
- Township High School District No. 211, IL
- 388 reviews
- AMaine West High School
- Maine Township High School District No. 207, IL
- 406 reviews
Willowbrook High School Reviews
Willowbrook has so much to offer, from clubs to sports to such a wide variety of classes to take. Willowbrook is involved with the community as well which is amazing! The teachers are awesome! There is always someone to go to whether it is for personal reasons or for educational help. The food could be improved. As a student who is very specific and is driven by education, I would have really appreciated if Physics was not a requirement because it kept me from taking other science classes that would have been useful for my future major in college. However, I appreciate the number of Honors and AP classes this school offers because it has given me and other students the opportunity to not only learn, but to grow and challenge ourselves.
Willowbrook overall is a very put together school. Willowbrook has some of the best teachers. Our sports teams are successful as well as our music and arts. I would ask for more appreciation of the arts. The administration doesn't listen to requests for improvements in the music and theatre department. The one thing I would change about Willowbrook is making student's voices be heard more. Our population is very diverse and there are so many different and wild mindsets that if the administration would pay attention to those students, a lot of progressive changes can be made. Either way, Willowbrook is awesome. Everyone has a place ay Willowbrook
Willowbrook High School has a wide range of extracurricular activities that have proved to be the highlight of my experience at the school thus far. The main problems that I have with the school are the faculty and the overall bias of the administration and school itself. It is very one-sided and if you disagree with certain aspects of the democratic party you are ridiculed not only by a large majority of the student body but by teachers and faculty. Very rare does a teacher, in particular in the English and Social Studies departments, agree or side with a student about any political issue that tends to be conservative. Even the choice of textbooks, as well as the curriculum overall, are a reflection of the liberal bias within. The failure of diversity of thought within the faculty, students and administration proves for an unwelcoming atmosphere from students who think differently.