Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Willmar Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Willmar, MN. It has 1,282 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Willmar Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A151 Students
- B+88 Students
- B+60 Students
- A-51 Students
- B50 Students
- B+49 Students
- A46 Students
- B43 Students
- A+40 Students
- C+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Willmar Senior High School
- CWillmar Area Learning Center
- Willmar Public School District, MN
- BACGC Junior/Senior High School
- Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City School District, MN
- 17 reviews
- BKerkhoven High School
- Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg (KMS) Public Schools, MN
- 10 reviews
- BNew London-Spicer Senior High School
- New London-Spicer School District, MN
- 16 reviews
Willmar Senior High School Reviews
Willmar Senior High School is a great environment for students! The teachers really care about students succeeding and doing well not only in their class, but outside of school and college! They have really great sports teams with awesome coaches (facilities getting better and better each year!), and an awesome music program that helps students grow into talented young musicians. They also have a variety of clubs and activities for students to get involved in such as speech, knowledge bowl, art club, smart club, and more! I have enjoyed my time at Willmar Senior High School and definitely recommend it to anyone who’s thinking about moving to Willmar!
Very diverse school filled with different cultures. Guidance counselors are always there to help. There are many aferschool activities and sports to choose from by your own interest to help you get together and enjoy what you like to do. Every other Wednesday, Ramp Up periods with your assigned ramp up teachers help you better understand tests and things to prepare for college and your future. There are after school clubs like SmartClub, where you can stay after school to complete missing homework/tests.
Willmar Senior High School is a very diverse school which makes everyone feel at home and welcomed. All the staff are accommodating to every culture seeing as they would provide translators for the parents of the students who cannot speak English. Most of the teachers care for the students, and they want us to be ready to pursue our dreams by making us practice our talents. They are all very supportive and they would allow us to use the many facilities and resources of the school for us to work on our projects and assignments. I wish the food was better because it’s not quite fulfilling. I also wish they would put the same importance in academic clubs the same way they put importance in sports.