Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Willits High School is a public school located in Willits, CA. It has 415 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Willits High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+62 Students
- A44 Students
- B-42 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-34 Students
- B28 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-27 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Willits High School Reviews
I think that the school could offer better college readiness resources in the form of college counselors. Speaking as a current college student who has graduated from Willits High School, I think that if students had counselors they could talk to regarding applying to college and a course of action they would be much better off by the time they were ready to leave. The school is very small, and academically they offer a decent amount of courses for the size of the school. But I think that since the courses are limited there should be a stronger academic system and higher level at which students are learning so that they are prepared for college. I think that overall, high school should be less focused on pushing kids through and more focused on giving students a meaningful education that they want to expand on.
I really liked most of the teachers, if you ask for help they are there for you. For example, our Algebra 2's teacher is there almost everyday after school if you want to go visit for questions on math you have. The counselors right now have a student check-in form online where you answer some questions and they call you back. So they are available.
It is the most average high school maybe even below average. If you have the opportunity to go somewhere else go there. Some of the teachers are really great and you can learn a lot from them but that does not make up for how badly the school is. It is a small school but it feels like no one cares about anyone else.