Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Williston Middle High School is a public school located in Williston, FL. It has 1,019 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Williston Middle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+155 Students
- grade B minus128 Students
- grade A88 Students
- grade A75 Students
- grade C58 Students
- grade A58 Students
- grade B+49 Students
- grade B+45 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade B33 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Grad Bash.33%
- Pep rallies/sporting events19%
- Honor roll party14%
- Spirit Week10%
- Pep rallies5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,163 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Williston Middle High School Reviews
Rating 3.29 out of 5 112 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Great students and faculty and staff! Very welcoming, and a very clean campus. The new school offers more than ever, including new technology and new space. The teachers are more than helpful and offer numerous ways to help students during school hours and even after. Tutoring has helped me a lot at Williston Middle High School and the teachers always ask if you need it and offer it at most times during the year.
This school has some very good aspects like the friendly teachers and very interactive staff, but because of our small town it leaves room for judgment on individuality. Many of the staff members are homophobic and while heterosexual couples are all over this school, the few gay kids are not only bullied by other students, but also some of the adults. It is not all that bad. The family-like bonds some teachers make with students are very encouraging.
My overall experience at Williston Middle-High School is pretty good. The worst thing at this school is the food, but it is not that bad. We have all of the needed academics to graduate and we have variety of sports and clubs to choose from if interested. Teachers are nice and they are involved with student events such as parades, pep-rallies and homecoming week. Teachers always make the time to help students one-on-one if they are struggling and need extra instruction. One thing in this school that I would like to see, is more options for a foreign language, all we have is spanish.