Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Williston High School is a public school located in Williston, ND. It has 1,262 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 30% in reading.
Williston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+124 Students
- grade B+113 Students
- grade B+100 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade B minus22 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade B minus21 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Homecoming pep rally14%
- The musical and concerts. Sports getting better.14%
- None the sports suck7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,433 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Williston High School Reviews
Rating 3.36 out of 5 96 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I would say it was a pretty decent experience. The teachers were good there but there are a few outstanding teachers that would go above and beyond for you. The school itself is nicely built but it’s not big enough for the amount of students that attend. The meals were great some days and not too good others. I didn’t like some of the rules and just the way they handled covid. They’re range of classes you can take is actually impressive. There’s classes for game design, manga anime, oil careers and exploration, vocal jazz and many more electives.
I moved here my Junior year and was amazed by the extracurricular activities and fine arts departments! The teachers I've had are amazing and care about the students they teach every day. However, there isn't a lot of school spirit. Overall, it's a really nice school especially if you're into fine arts.
It's a really good school and they even offer graduates two free years at Williston State College. But, there are some things they could improve on. Overall, I've had a good high school experience here!