Williamsport Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Williamsport, PA. It has 1,493 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Williamsport Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+109 Students
- C+82 Students
- C+78 Students
- A66 Students
- A-54 Students
- B48 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-33 Students
- C+30 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Williamsport Area Senior High School
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 80 reviews
- BMuncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- 57 reviews
- B+Montoursville Area Senior High School
- Montoursville Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
Williamsport Area Senior High School Reviews
This high school was great and had a lot of opportunity! However, the students were disruptive, and a lot of the teachers were not serious in preparing us for college. There was never any punishment for students who were disruptive, and teachers were harder on the good kids than the bad.
I really loved the size of the school, as well as the opportunities that it offered. The school has an amazing music program with opportunities for students to audition for district, regional, and state level competitions. The sports program is also very good, with traveling teams that compete against other AAAA schools. I enjoyed the availability of elective classes, as well as the foreign language opportunities.
I like the opportunities we have here, I could honestly do anything related to my major. I love the music and drama program as well as the diverse amount of classes we can take. I also enjoy the teachers here because they are here to help you and teach you what you want. Although I love the school I would change the communication. I feel like sometimes there are pointless rules and things that need to be explained better or not implemented at all. There aren't many but I think the vague rules and why they are in place causes people not to respect them some times.