Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Williamsport Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Williamsport, PA. It has 1,456 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Williamsport Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+132 Students
- C+106 Students
- C+101 Students
- A83 Students
- B79 Students
- A-69 Students
- B56 Students
- B-47 Students
- C+40 Students
- B39 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Williamsport Area Senior High School
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 82 reviews
- B-Muncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- 60 reviews
- B+Montoursville Area Senior High School
- Montoursville Area School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
Williamsport Area Senior High School Reviews
I think overall the high school is pretty good! There are some flaws like all schools, but the pros outweigh the cons. Amazing academic program and opportunities, glad I graduated from here.
The Williamsport area high school is a place were you can get involved with the things you like to do. You can join a CTE program in the career field you wish to proceed and graduate with a job in that field. The high school also has many clubs you can join and participate in. For example, debate club, Odyssey of the mind, CTE club's, and much more. If there is a club we don't have you have the opportunity to start it. We have many sports indoor and outdoor. Williamsport is known for there music programs. They have many programs you can join. The Mascot is a Mr. Millionaire. The high school also has a marching band that works really hard and preforms at football games and competitions. There is really nothing to be changed. This school is just an amazing school.
I love WAHS, the teachers are amazing and the programs are astonishing. The music and arts department is amazing, especially the orchestra. The staff has really helped me find a pathway for future careers and there’s something for everyone. I love that there is a lot of diversity.