William Tennent High School is an above average, public school located in Warminster, PA. It has 1,772 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
William Tennent High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A194 Students
- A+136 Students
- A-126 Students
- B-107 Students
- B88 Students
- B86 Students
- A+80 Students
- A75 Students
- B65 Students
- B-49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 125 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like William Tennent High School
- A-Cinnaminson High School
- Cinnaminson Township Public Schools, NJ
- 129 reviews
- B+Upper Moreland High School
- Upper Moreland Township School District, PA
- 165 reviews
- BDelran High School
- Delran Township School District, NJ
- 123 reviews
- A-Neshaminy High School
- Neshaminy School District, PA
- 439 reviews
William Tennent High School Reviews
William Tennent goes out of its way to ensure that there is a class, club, or organization/opportunity for every and anything you could be interested in. A variety of Honors Societies, robotics clubs, GSA, drama club, sports, fashion classes, athletics, APs, honors courses, culinary classes. Tennent does its best to include everyone who wishes to be included. A vast majority of the staff are kind and genuinely care about their students. There are office hours every Tuesday and Thursday, and a good many administrators stay after all of the other days of the week too. There are some teachers who are only there to receive a check, and the math department is lacking in truly gifted teachers. The biology curriculum is infamous for being extremely difficult for the freshmen taking it. All in all, the school provides whatever easy or challenging courses you could wish for.
William Tennent High School changed me in ways that helped me become better. I came from a school district that did not help students and also turned them into rude, antisocial people with behavior problems. When i came to centennial school distract and began William Tennent High school, my level to maturity rose, i improved as a person, and i made many many friends. Tennent provided all the courses needed and everything needed to prepare me for college and just overall was the best. I would not change a single thing.
Despite the obvious unpleasantness that is a given of high school, this is a really good school. The teachers genuinely care about their jobs and their students. There are tons of extracurriculars and after school activities; they are diverse and cover art, athletics, drama, and so on. The kids are, for the most part, very pleasant and helpful. Bullying doesn't happen often. The school itself is always clean and was renovated just a few years ago. It is a really good school.