Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
William Penn Senior High School is a public school located in York, PA. It has 1,365 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
William Penn Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+72 Students
- B-71 Students
- A-62 Students
- B53 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-32 Students
- A32 Students
- B30 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like William Penn Senior High School
- BYork County School of Technology
- Public School
- York, PA
- 166 reviews
- C+Columbia Junior/Senior High School
- Columbia Borough School District, PA
- 42 reviews
- B-Hanover Senior High School
- Hanover Public School District, PA
- 60 reviews
- B-Dover Area High School
- Dover Area School District, PA
- 202 reviews
William Penn Senior High School Reviews
Being in this inner city school, taught many life lessons that heavily funded or private schools will never teach. Though this school has flaws, the experience you learns and the eye opener that not every one is in the same situation you, will prepare you for the real world. The diversity and culture bred into us as students is something that I would not take over any other school even if they are the best. Changes this school need is definitely more funding. Though money can't buy happiness, more money will definitely help us as lower-income students into achieving our dream and enjoying our high school experience.
I honestly like the school. It's crazy but it's pretty chill. It's really easy to skip classes if you wanted to. Also, we have metal detectors at every door because we're so paranoid every kid is secretly a gangster. Lack of substitute teachers. Lack of new supplies, books and computers. Also, if you have no friends, the roaches are big enough to sit with you.
Although it may not have my dream school to graduate from, nonetheless, I graduated. Not only did I graduate, I graduated with honors. I overcame many obstacles that came to me during my senior year. I'd like to say, if you push yourself and focus on your end goal, you can achieve so much even through hard times!