William Monroe High School
- STANARDSVILLE, VA
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
William Monroe High School is an above average, public school located in STANARDSVILLE, VA. It has 948 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
William Monroe High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A161 Students
- grade A+134 Students
- grade A+117 Students
- grade B+98 Students
- grade B+90 Students
- grade B minus64 Students
- grade B46 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade B minus41 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near William Monroe High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responses
- Arts Festival16%
- The homecoming football games16%
- Soccer games7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,216 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 23 responses
Schools like William Monroe High School
- grade BMadison County High School
- Madison County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade A minusEast Rockingham High School
- Rockingham County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade ACharlottesville High School
- Charlottesville City Schools, VA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 214 reviews
- grade AAlbemarle High School
- Albemarle County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 335 reviews
William Monroe High School Reviews
Rating 3.49 out of 5 159 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The opportunities that were available at this high school, which is less than 1000 students strong, is more than a lot of small county schools. There is the ability to graduate with both an advanced diploma and an associates degree from the local community college. The teachers, when in advanced classes, care and want to see you succeed. If you go and ask for help, they will try and help you. The counseling department is very good, and is very knowledgeable about applying to all types of colleges and with the different platforms used. They enable seniors the biggest opportunity possible by finding and publishing scholarships, as well as reminding the students about due dates and helping them to complete the scholarship application.
Going to William Monroe high school has been a wonderful experience for me. As I start to finish up my senior year, I'm sad that I soon have to say goodbye. I met so many wonderful friends that I can call family. Many teachers want kids to be successful. They put their hearts into improving kids' education every single day. The athletic programs and support you get from everyone in the community are great. All athletic programs build character in every athlete to take with them into the real world. However, the one things William Monroe can improve on is more school spirit. I want everybody to be excited when theirs a homecoming, prom, spirit week. That would make our school much different than a lot of schools in Virginia. Also, the school can do much better with preparing kids for college in the real world. The athletic programs do a great job with that but as a high school senior, it would have been better for the school as a whole to prepare me for it.
In the past two years they have completed their renovation of the west wing. We now have a new cafeteria, library, and media center. The counseling department is constantly hard at work to supply the students with multiple opportunities. They always alert us with eligible scholarships. The administration is friendly with all students and you can always expect someone willing to help when you enter the office. The building is aged , but not antique. The new part of the school is modern and has very nice facilities. A new lighting and audio set up has been installed in the auditorium. The teachers are helpful and understanding with the students. Though it is slightly diverse, we do have several international students from many countries. The music program, which I have been apart of for many years, is very exciting and inclusive. Students can be friendly, with the bad kid every once in a while. I would recommend coming here if you wanted a fresh start.