William Mason High School is a top rated, public school located in Mason, OH. It has 3,529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
William Mason High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-694 Students
- A+668 Students
- A403 Students
- A-271 Students
- A153 Students
- A-142 Students
- B+135 Students
- A+130 Students
- B111 Students
- A+109 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 224 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.97 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Schools like William Mason High School
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 213 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 65 reviews
- A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- 124 reviews
- AKings High School
- Kings Local School District, OH
- 142 reviews
William Mason High School Reviews
Offers many opportunities in activities and options for academics. Has an amazing program where you can become a SIB to welcome freshman and become friends with people at school. Competitive in sports and academics but at the same time fun! Teachers are amazing and know how to incorporate learning into a way that encourages us to focus and doesn't bore us. School spirit is everywhere to be found whenever you turn your head. One thing I hope would be more incorporated is resources. For people new to WMHS it might be hard to find ways around to join clubs, get information about college, academics, volunteer work and how to join sports. Places like main office, counselor, drop offs could also have a way to help students navigate more easier because there is no map of the school. I really hope resources can further be improved. Other than that I love being a Mason Comet and am proud of the things my school offers for students.
I loved going to William Mason High School. The environment was stimulating yet friendly in academics, sports, extracurriculars, or any other activities. As a student body, Mason is very encouraging and disciplined. We always strive to do better and make our school a happy place. One thing I would change about Mason would be the pressure that is placed on academics, especially within certain cultural groups. The students at Mason are held to a high academic standard which can be stressful and nerve-wracking for some students. While I encourage holding students to high standards, those standards should expand to sports, art, or any other extracurricular the student may excel at, rather than just academics. Other than that, Mason High School is a very encouraging, stimulating, energetic, and fun school that produces the best students, friends, and classmates.
I loved attending Mason High School because I felt proud of the community I was in. The culture of the school was to have excellence in all that you do. In academics, sports, clubs, friendships, and all else. A majority of the students, including myself, had very high expectations for themselves because of this. The teachers encouraged us to enjoy our time in high school and to prepare ourselves for the future. I felt prepared for college because of how my teachers treated me. The culture of excellence in the school made for a respectful learning and growing environment. I wanted people to know I attended Mason High School because it's a highly regarded school and parents and students want to have the opportunities it provides.