Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
William Mason High School is a top rated, public school located in Mason, OH. It has 3,511 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
William Mason High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-1,150 Students
- A+1,081 Students
- A-631 Students
- A-412 Students
- A237 Students
- B+237 Students
- B+227 Students
- A+207 Students
- A+190 Students
- B166 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.69 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.69 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.110 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.110 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.110 responses
Schools like William Mason High School
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 255 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 73 reviews
- A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- 143 reviews
- AKings High School
- Kings Local School District, OH
- 173 reviews
William Mason High School Reviews
If you're looking for excellent amenities like 3D printers, copiers in every pod, many clubs/sports, etc. than this is your school! Unfortunately many of these amenities go unused because there are too many people in the actual school building. Class graduating class sizes are in the thousands and organizations like Student Government and the Sibs program are mostly popularity contests among academically competitive students. The school likes to boast about it's ability to listen and communicate with it's students, faculty, and parents; but this is simply not the case. They only are able to communicate with the people who have nothing but positive things to say about the administration. This isn't just a problem at the high school at Mason, it's a problem at the lower level buildings as well. I've been at this school my entire life. Trust me. There are good corners of the school. But overall it's not the best that Mason or the surrounding areas has to offer.
It's a great school. It does a great job at making a safe environment for everyone to learn and feel comfortable. Most teachers try their best, and lots of the kids are very nice and inviting. The administration is even better than you can imagine. They care about the student body and try to connect with them as much as possible. When the Covid-19 outbreak hit, they did everything they could to help people get through it. They did everything from free meals, to daily messages, and tried their hardest to give the seniors a graduation ceremony they will never really have. The whole school is very well funded and almost everything has a home in our school. The variety of clubs is astounding, and if there isn't a club you want to see, it's easier than sleep to create your own! Every teacher works for the student and do all they can to help them succeed.
I think Mason High school is a great education with a lot of opportunites. It's very large, so it almost gives a college kind of experience. There is a path for anyone at Mason High school, however you have to be proactive to find it. Everyone is so kind. Teachers can be hit or miss, but the harder the class, the better the teacher will be. Sports have so many resources, it's unbelievable. If you want to have fun, go to Mason. If you want a challenge, go to Mason. If you want to do sports, go to Mason!