William Mason High School is a top rated, public school located in Mason, OH. It has 3,515 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
William Mason High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A826 Students
- A+787 Students
- A-465 Students
- A-314 Students
- A182 Students
- A-167 Students
- B+163 Students
- A+151 Students
- A+131 Students
- B122 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 243 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.101 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.101 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.101 responses
Schools like William Mason High School
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 228 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 71 reviews
- A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- 131 reviews
- AKings High School
- Kings Local School District, OH
- 151 reviews
William Mason High School Reviews
The teachers were always ready to teach to their heart's content and always seemed glad to do so. They prepare you for college, however through my experience, that's it. They do not provide necessary readiness, besides one course, about how to live the rest of your life: Taxes, rent, cooking, debt, the stock market, etc.. All they do is stress students to go to college straight out of high school, which I think is NOT for everyone. let them decide what they want to do first before they begin to suffer thousands of dollars of student loan debt, and they're just 18! They're struggling to get a job, so they go into the trades for a decade or so to pay it off. I just wish that MHS would tell their students that it is OK to take a year or two to think about what they want to do. My senior year was all "apply here, apply there, get teacher recs, or else you will be overlooked!" It was STRESSFUL. Otherwise, a great school, many clubs, it's own "news station", an overall great place to learn.
The school has a very social climate, while being a very large school it can feel very often like you are getting lost or just not being seen by your teachers and administrators but being at Mason High School I felt loved, valued, and taken care of. There is such a large source of clubs and networks that virtually anyone can get plugged into something they enjoy. Whether that be sports, theatre, technology, video games, etc. there is something for everyone. I've also never experienced the same love and affection from teachers in the same way I did at the High School and because of that I am on the career path I am on right now!
Offers many opportunities in activities and options for academics. Has an amazing program where you can become a SIB to welcome freshman and become friends with people at school. Competitive in sports and academics but at the same time fun! Teachers are amazing and know how to incorporate learning into a way that encourages us to focus and doesn't bore us. School spirit is everywhere to be found whenever you turn your head. One thing I hope would be more incorporated is resources. For people new to WMHS it might be hard to find ways around to join clubs, get information about college, academics, volunteer work and how to join sports. Places like main office, counselor, drop offs could also have a way to help students navigate more easier because there is no map of the school. I really hope resources can further be improved. Other than that I love being a Mason Comet and am proud of the things my school offers for students.