William Mason High School is a top rated, public school located in Mason, OH. It has 3,529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
William Mason High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-790 Students
- A+756 Students
- A446 Students
- A-300 Students
- A176 Students
- A-163 Students
- B+157 Students
- A+148 Students
- A+125 Students
- B116 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 231 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.98 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.98 responses
Schools like William Mason High School
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 221 reviews
- A+Mariemont High School
- Mariemont City Schools, OH
- 65 reviews
- A+Indian Hill High School
- Indian Hill Exempted Village School District, OH
- 127 reviews
- AKings High School
- Kings Local School District, OH
- 147 reviews
William Mason High School Reviews
Offers many opportunities in activities and options for academics. Has an amazing program where you can become a SIB to welcome freshman and become friends with people at school. Competitive in sports and academics but at the same time fun! Teachers are amazing and know how to incorporate learning into a way that encourages us to focus and doesn't bore us. School spirit is everywhere to be found whenever you turn your head. One thing I hope would be more incorporated is resources. For people new to WMHS it might be hard to find ways around to join clubs, get information about college, academics, volunteer work and how to join sports. Places like main office, counselor, drop offs could also have a way to help students navigate more easier because there is no map of the school. I really hope resources can further be improved. Other than that I love being a Mason Comet and am proud of the things my school offers for students.
I love the school. The teachers are great and give a lot of attention to students when needed. I wish the school started a little later but I bet all students think that. The school was built on foundation and spreads happiness. There are so many clubs and if you want a club, make your own! Such a great school. I am very proud and hope that the next 4 years of high school will be great. Such a enjoyable place. I am grateful for such a wonderful school with so many wonderful activities and programs. GO MASON COMETS!
Mason High School has been a very welcoming environment for me. My educational experiences have been astounding--the school provided me opportunities to enrich my future with unique, rounded classes that allowed me to explore my interests and prepare for my academic career. I was introduced to a very social and open dynamic in classrooms taught by devoted teachers, and I was able to select an educational path that would benefit my future as a student, professional, and an individual.