Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
William Henry Harrison High School is a public school located in Harrison, OH. It has 984 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
William Henry Harrison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-230 Students
- A-150 Students
- A+109 Students
- B-97 Students
- A-73 Students
- B+64 Students
- B-58 Students
- B46 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like William Henry Harrison High School
- B+Lawrenceburg High School
- Lawrenceburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 89 reviews
- B+Conner High School
- Boone County Public Schools, KY
- 231 reviews
- C+South Dearborn High School
- South Dearborn Community School Corporation, IN
- 83 reviews
- A-East Central High School
- Sunman-Dearborn Community School Corporation, IN
- 280 reviews
William Henry Harrison High School Reviews
I think Harrison High is excellent academically! The teachers do a fairly good job of preparing kids for college and readying them for life after highschool. There are many things that could be improved on, though. The big thing is the facilities (for both the junior high and high school), which are in poor shape. Everything is very outdated and many classrooms don’t even have decent/matching desks for students to work on. They look like they would be used for elementary classrooms because of how small they are. The bathrooms often have broken sinks or missing stall doors and the junior high does even have air conditioning for the 80-degree-late-summer weather, which causes health issues for many kids. Overall, good academic classes with various levels and many options, great teachers, but even then it’s hard to learn in a rundown, outdated environment
William Henry Harrison High School is passionate about the well-being of its students. It provides countless opportunities through many diverse and advanced programs. There is a volunteering club, Student Council, a National Honor Society, a Spanish club, Flag club, DECA, and HOSA. I have been truly blessed with the care my teachers have given me and their drive to push me and all of their students to strive for their best. In DECA, I have advanced my communication, public speaking, marketing, creativity, and problem-solving skills through role-play competitions at the local, state, and international level. I n HOSA, I have develop an understand for the world of medicine and competed with three different community awareness projects where I raised awareness and money for an issue close to my heart. William Henry Harrison High School has not only prepared me for future learning, but for my entire future in life, whether it be in an interview, sporting competition, or leadership role.
I have enjoyed my time at Harrison High School. There is no other place I would rather have gone for my high school career. I had some phenomenal teachers that helped me grow into a better student. I had support from my teachers, administration and advisers to try some new groups and activities that ultimately made me a well-rounded individual. I have made many lifelong friends along the way. I am grateful for my time there!