William Blount High School is an above average, public school located in Maryville, TN. It has 1,818 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
William Blount High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-200 Students
- B-131 Students
- B78 Students
- B76 Students
- B73 Students
- B66 Students
- B51 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-41 Students
- B32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like William Blount High School
- B-Heritage High School
- Blount County School District, TN
- 145 reviews
- BKarns High School
- Knox County Schools, TN
- 149 reviews
- C+Lenoir City High School
- Lenoir City School District, TN
- 173 reviews
- B-South Doyle High School
- Knox County Schools, TN
- 143 reviews
William Blount High School Reviews
William Blount High School has excellent academics with a variety of advanced placement and dual enrollment classes available. They offer work-based learning in a career technical building. The diversity is lacking within the student population, though a few distinct groups exist. The college readiness a William Blount graduate has is average. The building itself is dated and needs repairs desperately in order to provide a safe environment for its excellent clubs. The food, a combination of cafeteria eating and the school's own restaurant contrast greatly.
Many students and parents have issues regarding William Blount's education, building, sports, teachers, and others factors. They negatively view the school, but I do not understand why. I love my school. The teachers are spectacular; I feel extremely prepared to go onto a four-year University after taking a few of the many honors and AP classes at William Blount. My experiences at the school outside of education have also been greatly influential in my life. I have been a part of Soccer as captain and HOSA as Vice President, and these two leadership roles have helped me become a better overall in other aspects of my life. William Blount has provided me with a tremendous education and a confidence boost.
William Blount is a very nice school. The teachers are mostly willing to help at any moment in time. The principals and guidance counselers are always looking for ways to improve the academics and the students future life. Although, there are a few flaws. Some teachers just do not care. They are only there for the money, and those teachers usually don't enforce rules. William Blount is a county school, so the school does not receive much money. It isn't the healthiest of schools, but the staff makes due. The athletics all comepete in the hardest divisions. Overall the school is great! Every school has flaws, but William Blount prepares the students for the future.