William Allen High School is a public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 2,611 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
William Allen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+126 Students
- A-119 Students
- C118 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-67 Students
- A+67 Students
- B66 Students
- A60 Students
- A-55 Students
- B-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like William Allen High School
- CLouis E. Dieruff High School
- Allentown City School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 198 reviews
- B-Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 68 reviews
William Allen High School Reviews
William Allen High School has an incredibly bad reputation and despite the negative connotations associated with our name, we strive for greatness and the staff are very helpful. Allen is filled with resources and they're very good at keeping things moving even with such a large student body. The only downsides would be underfunding and the mediocre security. Those issues however, do not take away from how many opportunities we get. Im proud to be a canary.
William Allen is a melting pot. The abundant amount of diversity encountered through the hallways at Allen provides one with a sense of belonging. Throughout my experience at William Allen, I have never felt insecure of my race or ethnicity, I was in an environment where I could truly be myself. Each teacher in William Allen taught with a unique sense, always making the lesson engaging and informative. The reputation we hold is not based entirely upon our student body actions but the stigmas other schools hold against us. In every High School there is going to be a group of students whom behave recklessly but such small percentage should not represent a school as a whole. My experience at William Allen is fantastic solely because of the initiative I took to separate myself from those who were not interestes in learning. I continuously demonstrate an eager passion for my education and my school, which is why the staff members always demonstrate in interest in me.
William Allen High School is a very diverse school with many opportunities at hand. There is a wide range of offered sports and activities, from chess club, and yearbook to Powder Puff games. The second you step into Allen you can tell there is school pride. Many of the teacher try their best to prepare their students for life after high school, with tutoring after school, and one-on-one help. Although the food is not gourmet nor five stars, the lunch ladies provide a welcoming environment into the café. Overall Allen is a great school, with the dedication of students, and teachers alike.