William Allen High School is a public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 2,611 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
William Allen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+133 Students
- C+131 Students
- A131 Students
- B92 Students
- A+70 Students
- B69 Students
- B-69 Students
- A67 Students
- A-62 Students
- B-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like William Allen High School
- CLouis E. Dieruff High School
- Allentown City School District, PA
- 137 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 203 reviews
- B-Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 71 reviews
William Allen High School Reviews
William Allen High School has an incredibly bad reputation and despite the negative connotations associated with our name, we strive for greatness and the staff are very helpful. Allen is filled with resources and they're very good at keeping things moving even with such a large student body. The only downsides would be underfunding and the mediocre security. Those issues however, do not take away from how many opportunities we get. Im proud to be a canary.
What I liked about WAHS was that there were so many clubs and activities you can do and easily get involved in. There were many after school activities that all the students can go to and hopefully get more involved with the school. Plus teachers are really supportive of those who do more outside of class and it gives you many opportunities. What I would change about WAHS is the locked bathrooms, lunch, and old textbooks.
Allen is a chronically underfunded school where you can still find immense opportunities - if you decide to go for them. A multitude of clubs and organizations, passionate arts programs, swaths of AP courses... if you want to reach for the stars, you can. Though our school has struggles and mismanagement, keeping your focus can result in leaving with amazing experiences.