Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
William Allen High School is a public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 2,605 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
William Allen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-167 Students
- C158 Students
- A+158 Students
- B-128 Students
- B92 Students
- A-81 Students
- C+78 Students
- A75 Students
- B-74 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like William Allen High School
- CLouis E. Dieruff High School
- Allentown City School District, PA
- 153 reviews
- B-Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- B+Phillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 225 reviews
- B-Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 76 reviews
William Allen High School Reviews
I loved my time at Allen! Although Allentown School District tends to have a negative reputation, there is much more to our school. Besides the faculty needing to be more strict with school policy, the school community is very well brought together (at least from my experience). I was able to be involved in so many activites at Allen and I made so many amazing friendships. Due to Allens unstrict staff, it is very easy to stray away from your responsibilites and school work. There are many distractions but it is all about hanging with the right crowd and pushing yourself to your responsibilites. Ive had many laughs and great memories at this school!
Despite the challenges of attending an overpopulated, understaffed, and insufficiently funded high school, I have had a remarkable experience at William Allen. The plenitude of community service and outreach opportunities have allowed me to form memorable connections, and the ability to become a leader in school spirit has been an absolute pleasure. Furthermore, the greatest impact on my experience at William Allen was the community of devoted individuals who continuously held events to boost school morale, and inspired our peers to take action by raising over 3,000 dollars this past year for a charitable cause. It's also worth noting that there is always something to do at Allen -whether it's a fund raising talent show, a powderpuff football game, or a pie-eating contest. The passion, drive, and ambition among William Allen set the school apart.
I've experienced many opportunities in william allen that I know I wouldn't have had in any other school. For me, its been a very exciting experience to say the least, I've been exposed to great experiences such as the opportunity to take AP courses, DE cousrses, and many after school activities/programs. I've created a close relationship with my principal as well, something I'd never thought would happen, and that's all thanks to his availability to students. As a student in Allen, your experience truly depends on the people you decide to surround yourself with. If you surround yourself with the right crowd then you'll definitely bring out the best of Allen. William Allen has provided many life changing moments for me and for those reasons I am proud to be a Canary.