William Allen High School is a public school located in Allentown, PA. It has 2,536 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
William Allen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+121 Students
- A-116 Students
- C112 Students
- B-83 Students
- B71 Students
- A+71 Students
- B-68 Students
- A60 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like William Allen High School
- C-Louis E. Dieruff High School
- Allentown City School District, PA
- 131 reviews
- C+Catasauqua Senior High School
- Catasauqua Area School District, PA
- 34 reviews
- BPhillipsburg High School
- Phillipsburg School District, NJ
- 196 reviews
- C+Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 68 reviews
William Allen High School Reviews
William Allen is a melting pot. The abundant amount of diversity encountered through the hallways at Allen provides one with a sense of belonging. Throughout my experience at William Allen, I have never felt insecure of my race or ethnicity, I was in an environment where I could truly be myself. Each teacher in William Allen taught with a unique sense, always making the lesson engaging and informative. The reputation we hold is not based entirely upon our student body actions but the stigmas other schools hold against us. In every High School there is going to be a group of students whom behave recklessly but such small percentage should not represent a school as a whole. My experience at William Allen is fantastic solely because of the initiative I took to separate myself from those who were not interestes in learning. I continuously demonstrate an eager passion for my education and my school, which is why the staff members always demonstrate in interest in me.
William Allen High School is a very diverse school with many opportunities at hand. There is a wide range of offered sports and activities, from chess club, and yearbook to Powder Puff games. The second you step into Allen you can tell there is school pride. Many of the teacher try their best to prepare their students for life after high school, with tutoring after school, and one-on-one help. Although the food is not gourmet nor five stars, the lunch ladies provide a welcoming environment into the café. Overall Allen is a great school, with the dedication of students, and teachers alike.
Obviously, a lot of the problems come from money, but also some teachers, parents, and students do not make the full effort. I feel that if a class is not advanced the teacher gives no effort. Sometimes teachers of higher level classes also don't seem to care. There are many clubs, though our funding is low. Some clubs resort to fundraising purely on their own. The school is not as bad as people say. If you put in the effort you will graduate and have a fun experience. Fights arenot common unless you cause trouble yourself.