Willamette High School is an above average, public school located in Eugene, OR. It has 1,435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Willamette High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-211 Students
- A-174 Students
- C139 Students
- B97 Students
- B-65 Students
- B48 Students
- A42 Students
- NG34 Students
- B-33 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Willamette High School
- C-Kalapuya High School
- Bethel School District, OR
- 12 reviews
- C+Springfield High School
- Springfield School District, OR
- 167 reviews
- B+Churchill High School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 289 reviews
- B-North Eugene High School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 320 reviews
Willamette High School Reviews
What I like most about Willamette is the fact that we have classes, clubs and sports for everyone! We have such a wide variety that everyone can find one that fits their interests and if they can't then they are welcome to start their own club. One improvement I feel like could be made is the social environment and how people make fun of others in hateful ways.
The first thing I noticed about Willamette's class offerings is "Wow, this school has a lot of electives." It's CTE program ensures that those electives are not only fun, but helpful. It doesn't have many AP classes, but it does have an IB program, and allows for partial IB. Also, the IB coordinator doesn't believe in homework, so that's cool. I've haven't done it yet, but it doesn't sound as brutal as some. The electives don't disappoint. Speaking of AP classes, the AP Human Geography teacher is amazing, and we had like 3 weeks of prep for the AP exam with a whole bunch of practice exams as well. They have video game design, and it's amazing. Cons are that the football team has a reputation for being terrible and freshman aren't allowed to go off campus because stupid people. Also, you used to be able to take sophomore bio in your freshman year, but stupid freshman ruined that too. Overall, may not be top end, but if it's the school you'll be entered into, it's not a bad choice.
Willamette is an amazing school. The teachers are very helpful and are always looking out for the best for you. They have a tremendous amount of opportunities set up for students who have all kinds of ambitions and desires in mind, from robotics to sports and to culinary arts. Willamette has an abundance of international bachelorette classes for students who want to go above and beyond. This school offers almost every sports program there is. soccer, football, volleyball, baseball, golf, tennis and plenty more. The coaches truly care for their players, in both academics, and on the field. Willamette is a very open-minded school and very inclusive. so students can go to class and learn equally without the fear of being judged or bullied.