Wilcox Central High School is a public school located in Camden, AL. It has 560 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Wilcox Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A93 Students
- C-88 Students
- A-82 Students
- C-77 Students
- B71 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
- B-44 Students
- A43 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Wilcox Central High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Wilcox Central High School Reviews
My experiences as student was average. I did what I was supposed to do to graduate. We are the poorest county in Alabama. Wilcox Central provided me with an education to better myself with the necessary tools.
I liked the teachers. They were always willing to help and they worked with you on anything if you were willing to put in the effort. I would like there to be more things that the students could get involved with. There weren't a lot of options and the things they have were more academic than for the pleasure of fun or trying something new.
From my 9th grade and 10th grade I only had Really 2 good teachers that was about their business in a classroom and didn't let the class run over them (Males ). Personally, I feel as if some of the teachers are scared of the kids and let them rule the class. Which is lack of teaching and priority towards the students that are trying to learn. In August 2016 I will be going to the 11th grade do hopefully the classes and teaching styles be better.