Wilbur Cross High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-142 Students
- B-128 Students
- A+93 Students
- B-82 Students
- B+75 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-55 Students
- C+38 Students
- B37 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Wilbur Cross High School
- C-James Hillhouse High School
- New Haven School District, CT
- 138 reviews
- C+Derby High School
- Derby School District, CT
- 37 reviews
- C+West Haven High School
- West Haven School District, CT
- 299 reviews
- B-Orville H. Platt High School
- Meriden School District, CT
- 71 reviews
Wilbur Cross High School Reviews
Review Wilbur Cross High School
Wilbur Cross is an amazing school and it is truly what you make of it. Cross' higher placement classes are rigorous and defiantly prepare you for your life after high school whether you choose to college or pick up a trade. There are many opportunities that can be awarded as well, such as: Jobs, internships, college trips, SAT prep, AP classes, duel enrollment classes, credit retrieval and volunteer options. Cross has also made it their mission to cultivate meaning relationships with students and parents that will last a lifetime.
What I loved about Wilbur Cross was the dedication the teachers had. They always cared about their students. The teachers are helpful not only when you have a question in class, but in your every day life and even when talking about your future. They guide you in the right path and they want to see you succeed. Another good thing that Wilbur Cross has is their AP Classes. They have great teachers that enjoy what they do. The only problem is that we lack of resources. In my AP Government and Politic class, our AP Prep Books came in on February, and we went through half of the school year without our books.
At Cross, the community is very diverse and there is so much that a student could get involved from. The school isn't just centered on athletics although it offers a variety of sports to participate in but also is good within the arts providing such programs as the school musical or dance team. There is also a friendly communication between the students and teachers and often students interact with the principal as an authoritative figure but also as a friend. There's is a variety of AP classes for students to take advantage of and the guidance counselors are very much on top of the students regardless if they are planning to attend college or not.