Wilbur Cross High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-100 Students
- A-99 Students
- A+86 Students
- B60 Students
- B+57 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+40 Students
- C+35 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Wilbur Cross High School Reviews
Review Wilbur Cross High School
At Cross, the community is very diverse and there is so much that a student could get involved from. The school isn't just centered on athletics although it offers a variety of sports to participate in but also is good within the arts providing such programs as the school musical or dance team. There is also a friendly communication between the students and teachers and often students interact with the principal as an authoritative figure but also as a friend. There's is a variety of AP classes for students to take advantage of and the guidance counselors are very much on top of the students regardless if they are planning to attend college or not.
As an Alumni of Wilbur Cross High School, my experience has been memorable. They have great staff in which I was able to connect to one. I felt comfortable enough to speak about any issues either about school or home which meant a lot to many students including me. One think that the school could improve on is keeping it the way it used to be. Highschool should be about exploring not going straight into one field. It is understandable that by splitting the academics up by career goals students will be able to learn, however the process of finding a career in my belief is too soon.
At Wilbur Cross high school I love the diversity among everyone of my peers, I think it is a very great opportunity to be able to develop and grown within a multi-cultured district. This school has over 1000 kids, and I adore the fact that during assembles or certain events how manageable we've became. What I would love to see change is our future students attitudes and mindsets, as being the last class of the "90s" babies. I hope to see those lower class-men blossom and flourish academically and evolve into beautiful young adults.