Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Wiggins High School is a public school located in Wiggins, CO. It has 166 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Wiggins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-32 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-20 Students
- C+18 Students
- A-15 Students
- C+14 Students
- A-14 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Wiggins High School Reviews
Wiggins High School is a very non-diverse school. From a growing town it has lots of new people coming in. With it being a small school teachers continuously cycle in and out of Wiggins making it hard for the students to get a good education and being personable with their teachers. It puts a pause on learning for students and does not advance them. Many teachers come straight out of college and move from Wiggins within a year because they just need the experience. Something has to be changed. On top of that, Wiggins is not a very diverse group of students because of the lack of promoting. I believe my High School career has been distracted and harder to learn than normal schools because of these problems.
I really enjoy all of my teachers. They are always there if you need any type of help and will go out of their way for you. All of my teachers actually know me and my name, just not my number. If I ever need help I feel more than comfortable to approach them and ask for help. Their lessons are very thorough and make a point to make sure everyone is on the same page.
The teachers do good, but they need to control their classroom better and take charge of their students.