Wickenburg High School
- WICKENBURG, AZ
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade D minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D minus
Wickenburg High School is a public school located in WICKENBURG, AZ. It has 529 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Wickenburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B119 Students
- grade A108 Students
- grade A minus83 Students
- grade B minus82 Students
- grade B minus41 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade B+33 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade A29 Students
View Homes Near Wickenburg High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responses
- Football games29%
- Getting the axe back from parker23%
- Theater, choir, and our school rallies23%
- Never felt the desire to attend any of these3%
- Pep rallies3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,335 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Wickenburg High School Reviews
Rating 3.52 out of 5 106 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Wickenburg high school is an excellent school. The teachers are amazing. They are always trying to help their students in the best way possible. The best quality about Wickenburg high school is the AP and honors classes. These classes are set to help students be set for college. The clubs are amazing but, they can be extremely small due to little student involvement. Due to Wickenburg being in a small town, there is no diversity. This has caused other students to mock others to their orientation. The staff in the office can be very harsh. It is very obvious that favoritism is set into the school. My major complaint go to the school's counselors. They never speak to their students and rarely respond back to emails. One of the counselors never show up to work or just show up late. They have never prepped me for my college of choice and rarely support students unless they are their favorites. However, the school has taught me to be more independent.
Although it is likely a common theme in public schools lately, there is incredible apathy at Wickenburg High School starting at the top with administration, through the teachers, and the majority of students and their parents. There are plenty of diamonds in the rough, as I have met a few incredible teachers, staff and students who I am very thankful to have met. Overall, however, most people just seem to be biding their time until retirement, graduation, a better job, etc. I am very involved, and some coaches/advisers are good while others are not. The facilities have improved in my time attending, and are very nice now. I have never felt unsafe at WHS. There is not too much diversity, but that is fitting, as the culture is not accepting at all.
I think that Wickenburg is great small town school, but it could have some changes that could make everything a lot better. No money went to any of the art programs. This included choir, theater, band, art class, and even pro foods. More attention needed in those areas. There was alot of racism and homophobia and no one ever stuck up for anything.