Whitmore Lake High School is a public school located in Whitmore Lake, MI. It has 390 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-114 Students
- A81 Students
- B-76 Students
- B67 Students
- A+66 Students
- B+63 Students
- B+60 Students
- B38 Students
- B29 Students
- C+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Whitmore Lake High School
- BPinckney Community High School
- Pinckney Community Schools, MI
- 249 reviews
- A-Milford High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- 177 reviews
- AEarly College Alliance
- Public School
- Ypsilanti, MI
- 116 reviews
- B-Saline Alternative High School
- Saline Area Schools, MI
Whitmore Lake High School Reviews
I love Whitmore Lake High School. I am a current senior and these past four years have been great! I like this school because it is a comforting place. Our school is very small, so it is very easy to make a lot of friends and get to know people. Also, since we are so small it is very easy to get that one on one time with teachers when needed. I think our teachers do a great job striving to help students anytime needed. Whitmore Lake is better than say a huge school because people are able to get noticed. There is also a very low bullying rate at our school because it is such a comforting place. All in all Whitmore Lake is a great community, and school.
Walking into Whitmore Lake High school, you immediately can tell how close knit the community is. Working together as a student body is not only important, but necessary for us to achieve what we do. The bond formed by the students last forever and WLHS Trojans stand together forever. Not only do we have a personalized education, but as a family we work together with our teachers to make sure we strive and are the best we possibly can be.
The small school community is so beneficial to learning and connection. The inclusivity of everyone to able to play multiple sports and be in clubs is something not often found at bigger schools. The resources offered and WL's constant desire to improve and stay updated is amazing. Teachers are so committed and take the time to get to know all of their students.