Whitman Hanson Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Whitman, MA. It has 1,158 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Whitman Hanson Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+91 Students
- A89 Students
- B+80 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+61 Students
- C+48 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+44 Students
- C44 Students
- A+44 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Whitman Hanson Regional High School
- BEast Bridgewater Jr./Sr. High School
- East Bridgewater Public Schools, MA
- 35 reviews
- BBridgewater-Raynham Regional
- Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District, MA
- 229 reviews
- BMiddleborough High School
- Middleborough Public Schools, MA
- 96 reviews
- BWest Bridgewater Middle/Senior High School
- West Bridgewater Public Schools, MA
- 111 reviews
Whitman Hanson Regional High School Reviews
Everything at Whitman Hanson Regional High School is about average. The teachers are pretty good. If it was not for the mess that is the math department, I would have given it a very good. However you would have to be very lucky to get a math teacher that actually teaches and doesn't tell you to figure it out with your group mates. Speaking of groups, the administration has made it mandatory that, if you are in Algebra II classes, you have to work in a group for all of class time, every day. This was instated this year without consulting the parents of any attending students. Then again, parents play a very little part in school functions, except for sporting events. Not to mention, we do have a large variety of clubs open. We even have an LGBTQ club that is extremely supportive and active. The school is equally as diverse and accepting, hosting annual respect weeks with the main focus being anti discrimination.
Personally... I've struggled with my time during my enrollment with this school, but don't let that detract from the core experience you will walk away with when you come here. For someone who hasn't been in a school setting in a long time it can be very intimidating. But it will come to pass if you find your niche and meet people to help make it a smoother ride, the school is very heavy handed with the sports, if you plan on going to college with a scholarship in sports; this is the school for you, but if you come expecting the best in regards of variety in extra-curricular activities you might be let down. Everyone's experience varies, my advice is, go your own route at your own pace and be assertive when deciding whats best for you.
My experience with Whitman-Hanson Regional High School is an overall very positive one. The teachers here are second to none in the way that they care about their students and success. The theme of "Panther Pride" is extremely prevalent in all community and sporting events and we are all encouraged to promote positivity and good sportsmanship. The students are encouraged to support one another despite our differences and to build one another up (the sports teams are encouraged to attend the musicals and vice versa). Overall I really appreciate the atmosphere that is actively promoted at this school and being here was a generally happy and enjoyable experience for me.