Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Whitman Hanson Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Whitman, MA. It has 1,277 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Whitman Hanson Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+119 Students
- A114 Students
- B103 Students
- A+85 Students
- B+75 Students
- A+60 Students
- C+59 Students
- C+54 Students
- B53 Students
- A+52 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Whitman Hanson Regional High School
- C+East Bridgewater Jr./Sr. High School
- East Bridgewater Public Schools, MA
- 41 reviews
- BBridgewater-Raynham Regional High School
- Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District, MA
- 251 reviews
- BMiddleborough High School
- Middleborough Public Schools, MA
- 103 reviews
- BWest Bridgewater Middle/Senior High School
- West Bridgewater Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
Whitman Hanson Regional High School Reviews
My experience at Whitman-Hanson High School has been great. The Sports the school has to offer are amazing and all inclusive. If students don’t do sports, we have so many clubs to choose from. Overall the school has so much to offer, and I can always find myself doing a project or going to a club meeting. We, the students, all get along very well, which is the best part. My high school has such a great sense of community and I couldn’t be more grateful to be a part of it!
The administration doesn't care about individual students' needs. If a student is having a difficult time in a class, the school does very little, if anything, to help. It's a tiresome process trying to contact the help desk or tech support. Other than that, the teachers put in the average amount of effort into teaching. There are a variety of clubs available, but none have significant funding or resources. It's an average high school with no defining features other than the building itself, which was renovated relatively recently.
I haven't had a bad time at all here! Had a blast learning about Robotics and all the math classes such as Statistics, Algebra 2, and Geometry. I also really enjoy the electives like Guitar. I enjoyed my time here as well as meeting new friends from Hanson (I was from Whitman).