Whitko High School is a public school located in South Whitley, IN. It has 486 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Whitko High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+64 Students
- B-60 Students
- B+51 Students
- A49 Students
- B46 Students
- B33 Students
- B+27 Students
- B26 Students
- B-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Whitko High School
- C+Columbia City High School
- Whitley County Consolidated Schools, IN
- 191 reviews
- BManchester Junior/Senior High School
- Manchester Community Schools, IN
- 52 reviews
- C+Huntington North High School
- Huntington County Community School Corporation, IN
- 246 reviews
- BWarsaw Community High School
- Warsaw Community Schools, IN
- 336 reviews
Whitko High School Reviews
All the staff especially Mr. Snyder are so selfless and it just makes Whitko such a homey environment. When I made the decision to switch the first thing I said to my mom after visiting was, “That school felt like home to me.” I’m so glad to be a part of the wonderful community in South Whitley!
My time at this institution had both good and bad circumstances. Some of the good from this school was the caring teachers that I encountered like my math teacher Mr. Strayer who would assist the students not only in questions on course content but also help with emotional/life problems as well. Other good came from the effort the school put into future readiness, making sure that after students left that school, they would be prepared for most anything. However, there was a fair share a bad events and obstacles to get through such as: the food which seemed to be the same for days on end, the WIFI that almost never worked correctly when it was supposed to, and the most antagonizing of all the water fountains the spewed actual sewage because the drainage pipes broke. Overall, my time there from what I experienced was well spent considering both good and bad.
Whitko raises kids to high academic standards and the teachers here do anything and everything to help his/her students achieve. The clubs are good but I wish there are more. The students at this school all follow a similar structure. Now that Whitko high school has changed into Whitko junior-senior high things can get a little crowded; however, with the new building project for the future I have high hopes.