Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Whitesboro High School is an above average, public school located in Whitesboro, TX. It has 470 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Whitesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-84 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+38 Students
- A36 Students
- B-30 Students
- A29 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Whitesboro High School
- B+Collinsville High School
- Collinsville Independent School District, TX
- 21 reviews
- B-Callisburg High School
- Callisburg Independent School District, TX
- 50 reviews
- B-Pottsboro High School
- Pottsboro Independent School District, TX
- 73 reviews
- BPilot Point High School
- Pilot Point Independent School District, TX
- 55 reviews
Whitesboro High School Reviews
Whitesboro High School is located in the small and rural town of Whitesboro, Texas. The small-town family unity is found at the heart of teachers, students, administrators, and supporters of Whitesboro ISD. WHS places great emphasis on student development and involvement, and makes a great effort to allow all students to participate in extracurricular activities; from academics and athletics to fine arts and STEM programs, Whitesboro High School is determined to allow students to thrive in as many areas as possible. As a recent alum of WHS, I had first-hand experience with award-winning UIL Academics, athletic, and Band programs, and without all the opportunities I had through these programs, I would not be the student and person I am today. I feel that not many graduates can say they are proud and still fully support their high school, and I am blessed to have gone to such an outstanding school.
I liked that many of the teachers went out of their way to make sure you were succeeding. I liked that the school was smaller and more like a community. What I would like to see change is academics being paid more attention to than the football program. Sports are great, but so are good grades. There was also a lot of coaches as teachers that probably weren't really qualified to teach. Another thing is that the rich or influential kids had a greater chance at making it into sports teams or Honors classes just because of who their parents were.
Whitesboro Highschool is a good school in general. They are always helping you and encouraging you to get better. They are always helping you with your grades to make sure you are passing your classes. The principals, teachers and administrators are great also.