Whitesboro High School is an above average, public school located in Marcy, NY. It has 989 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Whitesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-95 Students
- A66 Students
- C+57 Students
- B56 Students
- A-53 Students
- B46 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A-37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Whitesboro High School
- BSauquoit Valley High School
- Sauquoit Valley Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- BHolland Patent Central High School
- Holland Patent Central School District, NY
- 58 reviews
- BWestmoreland High School
- Westmoreland Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- BNew York Mills Junior/Senior High School
- New York Mills Union Free School District, NY
- 13 reviews
Whitesboro High School Reviews
Whitesboro High School offers many opportunities to take upper level classes. I love to challenge myself and academically I can at Whitesboro. The teachers who truly love their job outweigh those who do not. Students are encouraged to involve themselves in some of the many clubs offered at Whitesboro. I have interests in a wide variety of areas. The plethora of student run clubs allows me to pursue these interests. Whitesboro is a smaller area leading to a lack of diversity. Often times I find the school falling into a rut of small minded ideals. The administration would be, in my opinion, Whitesboro's most needed area of improvement. Often time building administration do not come across as friendly or liking their job. In many instances the administration seems to feel as though they are more in tune with the students than they are. There is a disconnect between the administration and students that will hopefully be resolved with more open communication.
Whitesboro High School teachers are very inspirational. They lead you into a direction that makes a student into a more mature young adult. The guidance department sucks! They do not lead you into the right direction for college and they do not help you with any problems that you have. On the other hand, the administration has good intentions to make their students a success. Also, the kids are crazy, immature, and disrespectful! I do not know if it is the parents fault, the living situations, peer influences, or the lack of discipline the entire district accesses during the students progression, but someone needs to teach these children some manners!
I do not recommend attending Whitesboro High School. If you like mediocre academics, terrible guidance counselors, teachers with terrible attitudes who constantly put down students and do absolutely nothing to help them, and are extremely sexist and racist, then you will love this school. I have not enjoyed my time here and I am so glad to get out of this hell hole. Everything about this place is unprofessional, I had extensive surgery and the teachers did absolutely nothing to help me as I was recovering and only made rude remarks because I missed their classes. It is just an "ok" school, the only thing they have going for them is their football team. You will graduate feeling completely unprepared for college, and below average compared to other students attending, that is if your guidance counselor submits your transcript on time, and not in the middle of July.