Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Whiteland Community High School is an above average, public school located in Whiteland, IN. It has 1,919 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Whiteland Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B404 Students
- grade A286 Students
- grade B228 Students
- grade B218 Students
- grade A+202 Students
- grade C+155 Students
- grade B minus149 Students
- grade A minus127 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade C+58 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 88 responses
- Football games24%
- Pep secessions19%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,874 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 49 responses
Schools like Whiteland Community High School
- grade BFranklin Community High School
- Franklin Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 264 reviews
- grade B minusEdinburgh Community High School
- Edinburgh Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 197 reviews
- grade B minusDecatur Central High School
- Metropolitan School District of Decatur Township, IN
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 305 reviews
Whiteland Community High School Reviews
Rating 3.86 out of 5 284 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Whiteland Community High school over the past three and a half years has gone really well. I have done good academically and feel the school has been helpful in helping me to achieve my academic goals. Most of my teachers have done a great job teaching me and encouraging me in my studies. I have also been a part of many music programs at my high school and have had the opportunity to learn and grow in as a musician. I would highly recommend my high schools music program to anyone looking to gain ability and find enjoyment in this area! I can’t complain much about my experience besides what has happened with COVID over the past year... that’s really put a damper on my Senior year. Overall, I have enjoyed my high school experience with good teachers, friends and coming out of it with a good education and a talent with percussion!
I enjoyed Whiteland Community High School a lot but the school had its flaws. Our schedule seemed to constantly be changing year after year. The students and teachers weren't really enjoying changes every year. One teacher even said they don't really like teaching here because of the amount of change the school goes through. Several students felt that some of the changes were needed to value our education and social lives. Others didn't enjoy the new changes every year. Students were required to adjust to the changes every year putting a lot of stress on the parents. Many student's GPAs and grade point averages seemed to go down during these times. These changes led to the backlash towards the teachers when it really wasn't their fault. As I said, I enjoyed Whiteland Community High School but it would have been a much better experience if we didn't have to go through changes after each year. I hope that Whiteland Community High School will improve its changing system after I leave.
Whiteland Community high school is a medium saized school, bigger than most rural schools like RCHS and smaller than schools like Avon. I Would say it is pretty good at offering higher education programs like AP and dual credit courses and technical schools C9. They also offer lots of sports and club opportunities that other people seem to like. They also have amazing counslers and teachers that are genuinely wanting you to succeed. My criticisms that I have start with is don't expect for most of your educational achievements to be reconized because most will be over looked or overshadowed by sports. I offten times get the feeling that sports is valued over educated. Also, me being a former band kid who really enjoys playing music was often times disappointed buy my time in the band. The first problem was you had to do marching band, not that it would have been bad its just that the marching experience to me seemed to be focused on fierce competition instead of fun.