Whitehall Senior High School is a public school located in Whitehall, MI. It has 668 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Whitehall Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+151 Students
- C+137 Students
- B119 Students
- A114 Students
- B82 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+55 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Whitehall Senior High School Reviews
Whitehall is a school filled with passion. The staff are incredibly understanding and helpful. The energy of the school is very welcoming to learning. On the other hand, there are not very many non-sport activities available through the school. The band, theatre, and choir programs that appear to grow and improve every year, however, they are often overshadowed and disregarded by athletics. For example, the marching band attends every home football game, but the football team has not attended a single marching band competition in the past four years, so it would be fantastic if the football players would return a small bit of graditude for the many hours that the band dedicates to preparing every football game by attending a band performance. This is just one example of many missed opportunities for interaction between the programs. Overall Whitehall is well-rounded when it comes to academics and athletics, but there is plenty of room for improvement in other areas.
After cycling through a variety of towns and school districts I never thought I would have the privileged of arriving at one that felt like a dream. Bet you don't hear many highschool students cast their schools in such a positive light, but Whitehall Senior High-School deserves it. I arrived in the district after medically withdrawing from my previous school after various suicide attempts meaning.. I had to redo a year of highschool. Rearranging my credits and classes was a breeze! I only attended 2 years of schooling at this establishment and want to know a secret?? I want to attend more... I cannot adequately explain who helpful, open, and accepting the staff is when it comes to personal and academic guidance. If I wrote about all the ways this school helped me you'd be reading for hours. I'll spare you my meandering and assure you that I was blessed with the highest quality of schooling at Whitehall any student could ask for.
Overall, it's a great school! Though, it does have its flaws. There's a major mental health issue plaguing the school, which the staff should do something about. It's great with diabetes and administering medicine. There's not a bullying problem, and students are encouraged to take as many challenging courses as they'd like.