White Station High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+477 Students
- A-334 Students
- A+259 Students
- B171 Students
- A-136 Students
- B+125 Students
- B-122 Students
- A+103 Students
- C+101 Students
- A88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
White Station High School Reviews
Review White Station High School
I love the diversity of White Station from the students to the wide range of courses offered. The teachers challenge their students with their work but in the end it helps with our learning experience. Although there is a lot of positive aspects about White Station, there are some downsides. I would like to see the restrooms be taken care of more i.e. toilet paper, soap, and paper towels. The food could also be cooked and seasoned better. Other than those two drawbacks, White Station High School is a wonderful school to go to and I am proud to be a Spartan!
Although White Station High School is nationally known for its academics, I focused on what I love and what I do best: music. The teachers they hired for the band and music program were top notch teachers with the right amount of experience. My specific band director, Mr. Sims, is a reed player just like I, and we connected like father and son. He payed me a lot of attention and gave me advice and music that helped me play at a college level before I was even in college. Overall, that made my high school experience highly worth it. I came out as one of the top musicians at that high school!
White Station High School may not be the dream institution that every well of family dreams of sending their children, but for those of us that are a bit more realistic and/or socioeconomically challenged, especially in the city of Memphis, it was arguably the biggest factor in preparing me for the college life that I was recently thrust into. Without White Station High School, I would have been a mere fawn in a forest fire at this major university but thanks to my alumni, as a college freshman, I feel more that prepared for the challenges that may come my way. Although I more than had my problems while I was there, I can proudly say in retrospect, that I am glad I chose to attend White Station High School.