White Station High School is a highly rated, public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 2,330 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
White Station High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+537 Students
- A-371 Students
- A+267 Students
- B199 Students
- A-149 Students
- B+141 Students
- B-138 Students
- C+118 Students
- A+109 Students
- A105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.71 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
White Station High School Reviews
WSHS is a great school. Sure we have our accomplishments ranging from national champion a cappella teams to our astounding numbers in the 30- plus ACT club, White Station has something amazing for every student. Yet, the filthy bathrooms, dirty rooms, and rodent American populations are horrible for the students, faculty, and staff's health. All in all, White Station is a great school with some dedicated teachers!
I love the diversity of White Station from the students to the wide range of courses offered. The teachers challenge their students with their work but in the end it helps with our learning experience. Although there is a lot of positive aspects about White Station, there are some downsides. I would like to see the restrooms be taken care of more i.e. toilet paper, soap, and paper towels. The food could also be cooked and seasoned better. Other than those two drawbacks, White Station High School is a wonderful school to go to and I am proud to be a Spartan!
Although White Station High School is nationally known for its academics, I focused on what I love and what I do best: music. The teachers they hired for the band and music program were top notch teachers with the right amount of experience. My specific band director, Mr. Sims, is a reed player just like I, and we connected like father and son. He payed me a lot of attention and gave me advice and music that helped me play at a college level before I was even in college. Overall, that made my high school experience highly worth it. I came out as one of the top musicians at that high school!