White Station High School is a highly rated, public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 2,201 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
White Station High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+642 Students
- A-439 Students
- A+304 Students
- B240 Students
- A-185 Students
- B+179 Students
- B151 Students
- C+144 Students
- A127 Students
- A+126 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
White Station High School Reviews
White Station is a very diverse school with helpful teachers and staff. The school has something for everyone like JROTC,choir,LGBTQ,etc. There is hardly any conflicts between the students. The staff is wonderful and the are willing to lend a hand to the students who are in need. White Station also helps out the community very well with fundraisers and community service club. Most of the time White Station helps the Shelby County Humane Society during the lunch hours. Although the school is very helpful with academics and there is a place for everybody the one thing the school is horrible at is cleanliness. White Station's nick name is Rat Station,yes, Rat Station. Rats live in the ceiling. The bathrooms are something else, they are never clean plus there is no hot water! The safety at White Station has its flaws there are cameras in the hallway and outside of the school but half of them do not work.
White Station overall is truly a great school. It is one of the best schools in Memphis, Tennessee to be exact. The faculty and staff prepare the students for college very well! The environment is really nice and it feels like home. One of the best things about White Station is the diversity. We have students from every race and it's so interesting to see everyone coexist. I would recommend White Station to any and everyone!
White Station is a hub of positive competitive culture and diversity. People from across the socio-economic spectrum and different racial groups congregate at White Station, an academically-invigorating environment. White Station, however, does have a notable disparity in how resources are allocated for traditional and optional students. Traditional kids don't receive nearly as many opportunities or qualified teachers as optional students do. Regardless, White Station has taught me a lot about different cultures through the people I meet, and I am extremely grateful for the school.