White River High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+71 Students
- A+65 Students
- B62 Students
- A-61 Students
- B-55 Students
- B33 Students
- B+32 Students
- C27 Students
- B+23 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
White River High School Reviews
Review White River High School
One great thing about this school is the acceptance. This school is filled with such a wide variety of people; people of all different genders, races, abilities, interests, talents, etc.. So many different kinds of people wander through the halls of this school. The wonderful thing though is that all of these assorted people help out one another and are there for one another and friends with one another despite their differences. The supportive, accepting, compassionate environment at this school is something that makes it very unique. We've had multiple students with learning disabilities be dance royalty and everyone in this school celebrates and learns with those who are struggling or outsiders or different as if they didn't even know they were different. In a nutshell, love is something that makes this school great.
White River High School offers a very inclusive atmosphere for those with disabilities, from enabling them to participate in unified sports and interacting with peers in a typical classroom setting. However, I wish the close-minded ways of some students would change. It can be unsettling hearing derogatory terms being yelled in the hallway, most often as jokes but can be easily taken in a negative way. Changing this mindset of students and influencing an inclusive and positive attitude would lead our school onto a path of improvement.
Many teachers at this school are great! They are engaging, patient, care for student success, kind, and look for the best in students. Of course, there are teachers that have gone so above and beyond in their lessons to reach each student in the class. We may not have ivy league graduates with masters in teaching, but we have teachers that genuinely care.