White Plains Senior High School is an elite, public school located in White Plains, NY. It has 2,121 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
White Plains Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-151 Students
- A+141 Students
- A-128 Students
- A126 Students
- B+110 Students
- A+101 Students
- C+100 Students
- A+81 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+73 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.53 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Schools like White Plains Senior High School
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 466 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 185 reviews
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 138 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 185 reviews
White Plains Senior High School Reviews
I wouldn't be who I am without WPHS. I started my organization there; they were flexible with my schedule so that I could intern at the United Nations; they allowed me to start dancing - I owe a lot of who I am to them. And I still go back to visit at least twice a year! The teachers are incredibly supportive and basically family to me, still. Not to mention the diverse environment and challenging courses really prepared me for the real world more than what I have heard from other college students about their high school experiences.
WPHS is a pretty good school. There is a lot of freedom for the students and its a really good thing, everyone stays in their place and so far I have only witnessed one serious fight, there hasn't been anything that made me feel unsafe. Some teachers are great and really care while others basically make you teach yourself. There are a lot of electives for freshman and even more for 10-12 grade. There are no 'mean girls' or guys who beat you up because you're a nerd everyone has friends because in such a big school SOMEONE will share interests with you, there's no discrimination or any of that everyone is equal, there's even a trans bathroom that was added recently. Sports teams suck now but its a super fun experience!
My experience at White Plains Senior High School was not bad. Freshman and sophomore year were good.It wasnt until Junior year when things got a little shakey. My AP English teacher questioned my ability to excell in this AP course because of the color of my skin. I never proceeded to be disrecpectful towards her, for that would’ve just made the situation worse. I continued with a successful finish in the course. Besides that little incident, White Plains Senior High school is not bad. My senior year is going great. But one thing I do wish would change is out school activities. We do not have a homecoming, or things like prom king and queen. We dont do nominations in our year book for example like, “best smile, or funniest laugh” , things like that. I feel as though if a little more student involved activities were available, it would make this school much more enjoyable.