White Plains Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in White Plains, NY. It has 2,071 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
White Plains Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-174 Students
- A+168 Students
- A-156 Students
- A149 Students
- A+125 Students
- B+120 Students
- B-108 Students
- A+102 Students
- B89 Students
- A+84 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like White Plains Senior High School
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 502 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 196 reviews
- ANyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 149 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 205 reviews
White Plains Senior High School Reviews
The Science Research and Engineering programs are outstanding opportunities for students wanting to get into the STEM fields. The Dual Language program has expanded at the high school leading the way for students to soon be graduating with the New York State Seal of Biliteracy (NYSSB). The Music program is incredible with students receiving instruction every other day. Combined with a rich diverse population, this district is INCREDIBLE!
As my final year comes to an end at White Plains High School, I can tell my experience in this school. The public high school is very diverse and lively in school spirit, the school tries to create a good experience for students and teachers by updating technology and making sure the classrooms are clean and supplied with more than enough supplies to make the learning easy and helpful. The security and police officers make sure the school is safe, and the administrators help with the students accordingly. The best parts of the school for me personally were the STEM classrooms in the school, the teachers in stem care very much about their students learning and make the classroom activities very hands-on learning experiences.
Besides the academic standards being outstanding, the community, staff and location is overall amazing. I loved being a student there because there was always support and a great environment to create your college legacy in. I would send my future children there if I stay in New York!