White Oak High School is a public school located in Jacksonville, NC. It has 1,063 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
White Oak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+212 Students
- B+193 Students
- A+180 Students
- B+158 Students
- B+149 Students
- A-120 Students
- C+100 Students
- B88 Students
- B-81 Students
- C+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 98 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
White Oak High School Reviews
I love how how supportive the school is of their arts program. As a member of numerous programs, including being the drum major of the marching band, I am proud say I’m involved in the cultural arts programs at White Oak. Something that would benefit the student at white oak, is looking for a solution to the amount of time it takes for student to grab their lunch from the cafeteria and still be able to eat. The amount of lunch time given to the students sounds fine; however when you take into consideration the length of the lunch line and how many of those student are coming from the opposite side of campus, it leaves very little time for my fellow classmates to get their lunch and eat all of it.
White Oak High School is a school where students can either have a great experience or a terrible experience. There seems to be a mix of amazing teachers and people who don't deserve the title of teacher. If a teacher isn't working out for a student then they have to bully the guidance counselors to allow them to change classes. Although generally speaking most students have have a better experience after they switch. The principal, Dr. Barnes is amazing, he is willing to do anything to ensure that students at White Oak are successful. There is a variety of clubs and sports at White Oak for students to participate in, they even recently added a girls lacrosse team. White Oak is a school where students are pushed to succeed despite the odds.
White Oak High School is a very interesting school. First impressions of the school shows that it has promise. However, our school is currently under damages due to Hurricane Florence. I believe that the school contains a student and teacher base that definitely has the potential to change. I also believe that the school could be one of the best great, but until changes to student behavior and work ethic the school will remain average.