Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus is a highly rated, public school located in White Bear Lake, MN. It has 1,103 students in grades 11-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math.
White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A306 Students
- B+137 Students
- A122 Students
- A+109 Students
- B-94 Students
- B85 Students
- B69 Students
- B69 Students
- A66 Students
- B65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 102 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson School District, WI
- 261 reviews
- ASt. Anthony Village Senior High School
- St. Anthony-New Brighton Independent School District, MN
- 100 reviews
- A-Centennial High School
- Centennial Public School District, MN
- 274 reviews
- AEast Ridge High School
- South Washington County School District, MN
- 371 reviews
White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus Reviews
My experience at White Bear Lake Area High School is great! I had a lot of experiences working with students, but also had the opportunity to ask my teachers questions. The teachers continue to challenge their students to a higher level, but also make the material doable. Each teacher encourages their students to learn whether it may be from listening to their students struggles or by giving lessons that correlate to the material about life. There are many ways to get involved, for example by being in clubs such as ambassadors, athletic club, art club, etc. There are lots of resources to go to if help is needed; for example, your counselor, tutors and career pathway coordinators. There are a variety of classes students could take which helps to provide students with more knowledge on what they want to do after school. There are also events that are exciting such as prom, homecoming, and etc. overall, high school was a struggle but a good learning experience.
I overall have had a good experience at school. I've had great teachers, especially this past year, and the White Bear school and community spirit is awesome. I am excited for the future students as the new 4-year campus is being built! Go Bears!
Academics at South Campus are very good. They always score higher than the district AND state average. There are many extracurricular options, but performances in sports are subpar. There is a large variety for those who like the arts, and the school has an extremely strong theater program. The counselors have no function other than to make your paperwork and decisions difficult. Also, South Campus is a primarily Caucasian dominated school, which does harbor some hostility towards LGBT, those of lower economic class, and person's of color. I really want to see this change. The school is on the right path, as diversity has been greatly increased these past couple years. There is still much to do, however.