Whippany Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Whippany, NJ. It has 703 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Whippany Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A90 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+59 Students
- B54 Students
- A49 Students
- A+37 Students
- B34 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Whippany Park High School
- AHanover Park High School
- Hanover Park Regional High School District, NJ
- 85 reviews
- AMorris Knolls High School
- Morris Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 197 reviews
- AWayne Hills High School
- Wayne Township Public School District, NJ
- 215 reviews
- B+Cedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- 125 reviews
Whippany Park High School Reviews
Overall, WPHS is a typical suburban New Jersey school. Among all the teachers (who are mostly decent), there are a few excellent teachers, and the student culture seemed generally neutral. In terms of preparing students for college, those in higher-level classes (APs and Honors) are mostly well-prepared in terms of workload and curriculum. I personally liked that there was more student choice in what classes students take (compared to other schools), but one specific thing that could change is the placement of the required Personal Finance class - senior year, rather than freshman year, should be when students take it so that they are better-equipped for the financial hurdles brought on by college.
I have had a positive experience and most teachers have been very helpful. The academics are rigorous when you take honors and AP courses and present a challenge. There are also many student organizations to be a part of and football games are a large social event. The student body is relatively supportive and is small enough that the school is tight knit and you don’t see a new face everyday. The campus is easy to navigate. However, since it is such a small school, classes can be cut or moved to its sister school is attendance is low so that is an inconvenience.
While a small school, its definitely a great learning environment. There are many teachers, especially the older ones, that really understand how students work. They also have a great array of extra curricular activities like the theater department, track and field, and the best one- the Marching band!