Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Whippany Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Whippany, NJ. It has 642 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Whippany Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A114 Students
- grade A minus73 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade B60 Students
- grade A58 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade B+47 Students
- grade B+46 Students
- grade B+36 Students
- grade A+34 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responses
- Winter Formal22%
- Pep Rally20%
- The Homecoming Football Game20%
- Spirit Week18%
- Unplugged/Coffee House8%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,215 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Whippany Park High School
- grade AHanover Park High School
- Hanover Park Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 92 reviews
- grade AMorris Knolls High School
- Morris Hills Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 227 reviews
- grade AWayne Hills High School
- Wayne Township Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 243 reviews
- grade BCedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 140 reviews
Whippany Park High School Reviews
Rating 3.81 out of 5 144 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Whippany Park is a place that truly sets its students up for success. The opportunities are endless, while many sports and clubs thrive with its members' attitudes. The environment is supportive and the teachers are always willing to work with their hard-working students. Also, students have the great option of choosing the right types of classes that suit them. The more rigorous courses are taught very well by passionate teachers. It is evident that Whippany Park takes pride in their name and family-like environment. This school is filled with kids who want to make a change and be successful in their years leading up to college. Definitely a place I would recommend to be a part of!
Overall, WPHS is a typical suburban New Jersey school. Among all the teachers (who are mostly decent), there are a few excellent teachers, and the student culture seemed generally neutral. In terms of preparing students for college, those in higher-level classes (APs and Honors) are mostly well-prepared in terms of workload and curriculum. I personally liked that there was more student choice in what classes students take (compared to other schools), but one specific thing that could change is the placement of the required Personal Finance class - senior year, rather than freshman year, should be when students take it so that they are better-equipped for the financial hurdles brought on by college.
As of right now I am a sophomore at Whippany Park High School. Unfortunately, as we all well know, we are in a global pandemic so I haven’t really been able to experience a lot. My freshman year all the way up until March, though, was so much better than anyone said it would be. Most movies make highschool seem like hell, but with my friends and involvement it was a good time overall. I just wish I could actually be there in person now to see my friends and partake in activities again.