Wheeling Park High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wheeling, WV. It has 1,481 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Wheeling Park High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-344 Students
- B-244 Students
- B-158 Students
- A+62 Students
- B62 Students
- C+56 Students
- C+53 Students
- C+46 Students
- A35 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Wheeling Park High School
- CMartins Ferry High School
- Martins Ferry City School District, OH
- 28 reviews
- C+St. Clairsville High School
- St. Clairsville-Richland City School District, OH
- 117 reviews
- B-McGuffey High School
- McGuffey School District, PA
- 84 reviews
- B-Buckeye Local High School
- Buckeye Local School District (Dillonvale), OH
- 28 reviews
Wheeling Park High School Reviews
My experience at Wheeling Park High School from 2013-2017 was pretty average. The teachers were okay, the atmosphere was alright, music and the arts were excellent even though there was a great divide in funding to each section since math and science got more funding along with sports. There was a divide though in the resources due to how many students go there, but they do their best to help even if it's not always good. Overall, it was a pretty average experiences, I had teachers who did help a lot and some didn't. It really depends on who you get since some teachers don't care. At least when I was there.
My WPHS senior has had an amazing high school experience. My son was undecided as an 8th grader as to which area high school would be most beneficial for him. I’m so happy he decided on Wheeling Park High School. He gained self confidence, exposure to many clubs and groups, made some really great friends, and had some outstanding teachers. The teachers at WPHS care about our students both in and out of the classroom. Academics is stellar at WPHS. My was was offered a variety of core and elective classes in prepping him for college. We feel that his high school experience couldn’t of been better in preparing him for the future.
I enjoyed being able to take a variety of classes that I would see in college, but I think that my school could allow students to take more of electives that they will need in the future rather than many of the core classes that they offer. I also think that the facilities could be in better shape than they are now. Many teachers also care and are passionate about what they are teaching, but some teachers are not, so I think it would be the most beneficial if all teachers were truly passionate about what they are teaching, so the students would have a better high school experience.