Wheelersburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wheelersburg, OH. It has 399 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+65 Students
- A-62 Students
- C53 Students
- B44 Students
- A-30 Students
- A25 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-18 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Wheelersburg High School
- B+Russell High School
- Russell Independent Schools, KY
- 60 reviews
- BValley High School
- Valley Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
- BSouth Webster Junior/Senior High School
- Bloom-Vernon Local School District, OH
- 52 reviews
- CPortsmouth West High School
- Washington-Nile Local School District, OH
- 50 reviews
Wheelersburg High School Reviews
Wheelersburg High School has been a very good school to grow up with. I've attended this school my entire life and you really feel like you're part of a family here and included in everything. Wheelersburg is a smaller community and because of this you're connected to those around you. As well, the teachers here always try and understand the students needs and try their best to connect with us, if they notice we are having a rough day, almost every teacher will notice and try to help. Critically speaking however, some improvements I'd like to see would be better advice for careers and financial spending which will be necessary in life.
As a high school student at Wheelersburg high school I have experienced a lot there. My freshman year wasn’t a hard transition from Junior high to the high school system we have, it actually was decently smooth, the work load wasn’t grand, and I felt I learn something every year. Wheelersburg high school is one of the best public schools in southern Ohio for our academics and sports, we typically hold the highest score for state tests in our county and to those in surrounding counties, we also have many great sports programs. Just last year our football team won state in Canton Ohio bringing home championship rings and a trophy, we sadly only made it to State Semi’s this year but it was still a valient effort. I have taken mostly college prep classes and one AP class this year, and all the teachers work hard to ensure that the student will get ahead and succeed where they lack. As an overall experience, it is fantastic to be a Wheelersburg Fighting Pirate
Wheelersburg High School is one of the most supportive environments I have ever been exposed to. Sure, there are some negative teachers/classes, but for the most part, everyone is kind. Because it is such a small school, everyone knows each other, and the teachers are individually dedicated to the success of their students, which sometimes means harsh discipline, academically and athletically. Graduating as a member of the class of 2019, I am extremely proud to call this my Alma Mater.