Wheeler High School is a highly rated, public school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Wheeler High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+419 Students
- B+348 Students
- B285 Students
- A+247 Students
- B+178 Students
- A+155 Students
- A+99 Students
- B-97 Students
- B92 Students
- B-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 119 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Wheeler High School Reviews
Wheeler high school is an outstanding school. The teachers at Wheeler high school are excellent! They make sure no student is left behind in class and offer many different types of tutoring sessions.The students are all very uplifting to one another and wish success to all their peers. The schools diversity teaches other students how to respect each others cultures, race and religions. The school even offers international night where the students get to try things from all over the world. Wheeler high school isn't like another school which is why I believe every student graduates with a knowledge on just about everything, and is ready for the real world ahead of them.
Wheeler is an awful school! The teachers do not care about their students, they are only there for a paycheck. They do not care if they succeed academically or their wellbeing. This school did not at all prepare me for college. There were constantly fights, drugs, and alcohol going on through school. Kids were having sex in band instrument lockers. The administrators did not care about whether a student was punished fairly, they were also only there for a paycheck. The school was never clean. This school is all around awful and I would NOT advise enrolling your child here.
I absolutely love Wheeler High School. It is seriously the place to be during your high school years! There is so much diversity and all kinds of different ethnics around. First off, the school is huge! It is over 5,000 sq ft and it has new and old buildings. There are plenty of stairs, elevators, bathrooms and hallways to transport where you need. Next, the food is awesome! Wheeler's cafe is divided into 5 different types of shops where you could either get deli, nachos, pizza, and we even have salad bars! WOW! On top of that the teachers at Wheeler are very helpful and considerate, though if you are still struggling with your subject Wheeler does have tutoring after school for all subjects on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the cafeteria right after school. I can't deny, I can not compare any other high school to my awesome Wheeler High!