Wheaton Warrenville South High School is a top rated, public school located in Wheaton, IL. It has 2,009 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Wheaton Warrenville South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+164 Students
- B-157 Students
- A+108 Students
- B+93 Students
- A-92 Students
- A-91 Students
- B88 Students
- A+86 Students
- A85 Students
- A+74 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 166 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
Schools like Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- A+Wheaton North High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 312 reviews
- A+St. Charles East High School
- St. Charles Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 455 reviews
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 282 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 613 reviews
Wheaton Warrenville South High School Reviews
I have two kids at South and they both love it. The curriculum is challenging and you can customize it with honors/AP as fits your abilities. One of my kids is in sports and the coaches are excellent, encouraging values and pushing the kids in academics too. The arts programs are also excellent such as show choir and speech team. There's something for everyone!
Wheaton Warrenville South was mostly a great school academic wise. There are so many amazing & helpful teachers and counselors that are always there to help you. The English, Science, Music and Arts departments are funomenal. The teachers are so knowledgeable and helpful and can make even the most boring topics fun. Although the school has its downsides. The math department is lacking greatly and many of the teachers expect you to get a tutor over asking them for help. In drama and gym classes if you are not a favorite of the teachers or not the best actor or athlete don't expect much help. The student body is pretty much split into the wheaton kids, the wheaton wanna be's and the Warrenville kids. I had kids judge me because I was from Warrenville. There is a lot of lack of organization in some clubs and sports as well. The only class that I prepared me for college level work was my AP English Composition class. Overall the school Is pretty good but needs improvement in some areas.
Overall, WWS is a great school that many students take advantage of. Students travel from Chicago every day just to attend because of our academics, activities and facility. Our Principal, Dave Claypool is one of the most caring people I have ever met. Traveling with our show choir, Claypool comes to every single competition regardless of the state we are in. Our teachers really do care about the students and go out of their way to assist us in our academic path. Some teachers even reach into our personal life to help which will effect our academics drastically. WWS often gets looked down upon by the Wheaton students because some do not realize the advantage we have over other students at nearby schools.