Wheaton Academy is a top rated, private, alternative, Christian school located in West Chicago, IL. It has 662 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. Tuition is $16,150 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 94% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Wheaton Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- A-47 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+43 Students
- A39 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+32 Students
- A-29 Students
- A+28 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Wheaton Academy Reviews
Wheaton Academy is a great private Christian school where you can really grow in all three phases of your life (spiritually, academically, and in athletics). Wheaton Academy is different compared to other public and even private schools because of the Kingdom Community aspect that it brings. When attending WA you really feel like your part of something bigger than yourself with how involved the students, teachers, and faculty are in the culture. Teachers are so inviting and feel like mentors rather than just someone trying to teach you something. Coaches really care about you as an individual and child of God. The facilities are absolutely amazing and prepare you for college life in the classroom, and also in sports. Overall, WA is the best private school in the state of Illinois and needs to be considered if you are serious about preparing yourself in the best way possible for a college environment.
I love this school! Teachers are amazing and want to develop a relationship with you rather than you being just their student. I also love the chapels we have every Tuesday and Friday. We have great speakers during the chapels. I went to public school so there is a huge difference in the atmosphere at WA compared to my public school. The only complaint I have is that discipline is not executed well. There seems to be a bias towards some students as that they can get away breaking dress codes and rules about hair color. My friends and I have complained before and nothing has been fixed.
Truly Christian worldview + Engaged and interested teachers + humble and smart faculty + Excellence in academics = great place to send our son! He’s going into his senior year. I feel he is grounded in his faith, competitive in the world, ready for what’s next. Especially appreciate Kori and Matt Hockett.