Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Wheatley School is a top rated, public school located in Old Westbury, NY. It has 711 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Wheatley School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+79 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+47 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A36 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Wheatley School
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 113 reviews
- A+Cold Spring Harbor High School
- Cold Spring Harbor Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 255 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 226 reviews
Wheatley School Reviews
I’m a junior and although the year was crazy hectic and stressful, most of my teachers helped make it less chaotic. Although, there were a few teachers who made the stress even worse by not teaching well or overloading work. Specifically, one of my teachers never knew what they were teaching about and never responded to emails. In addition the teacher was very unreasonable with every assignment and every grade. Overall, I do love Wheatley though. It’s such a small school that everyone knows every and I love that!
Academics are good. Teachers are very friendly and are always there to help you succeed. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from so the students can do what they are passionate about!
What I like about Wheatley are the teachers! Really nice , caring and fair. What needs to change in Wheatley is the school administration!